Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Crystal layouts on users

murad_barahmeh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

I have a request from a client to restrict some crystal Layout for Some users,

In other words I need a workaround/way that allows me to set authorization for Previewing Layouts on a user level.

DellSC
Active Contributor

How are reports being delivered to the users?

-Dell

murad_barahmeh
Explorer
0 Kudos

They are Layouts,

Uploaded by the report and layout manager in SAP Business one to a specific document such a sales order

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murad,

I removed the Crystal Reports tags from your question - they are part of what caused Don's confusion in his answer. This question is dealing purely with authorization functionality in BusinessOne, so those are the tags that are needed.

For information about how the SAP Crystal Reports tag should be used, please see Using SAP Crystal Reports Tags | SAP Blogs.

-Dell

fbio_bilicki
Active Contributor

Hi

Since we can't control who prints, I test the user's name and create a giant yellow banner, SAP passes the UserCode@ parameter to the layout printing, so I read the user and their group, and other data, if it's invalid, I print the banner "YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO SEE THIS".

Rgs

FBS

murad_barahmeh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help fbio.bilicki ,,

Can you share how did you pass the active user parameter (the user that is printing) between SBO and Crystal?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
narayanis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal layout appears in authorization if that is a custom report built in crystal and placed under SAP Menu.

Layouts designed for transactions can not be controlled user wise through general authorization.

Regards