cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

residence and restention time for archiving object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

I am starting archiving in our company and have question on residence time and retention time of the document.

In which activity or t code we use to specify these timing once we determine that timing after discussing with business.

So we have to specify these timing by module like SD ,MM or individually for each archiving object eg

SD_VBKA

Can some one specify the IMG activity in where to specify these timings or direction in this area

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

every company has different retention policy . met with different tema lead to come up with the timing

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks reddy.

I have gone through these articles. I am looking more specific information regd objects. eg. I have gone through market place and have found some notes for our version but since we have not started archiving yet , i am not sure if we will face those issue or not. At what time we should apply OSS notes. Should be wait to see if we encounter issues or just apply the notes for our version .

Now there are archiving object for which we cannot set times in SARA , so how do we set those times.

thanks

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For few technical archiving objects SAP has not given the option to set residence time such as WORKITEM, IDOC, BC_DBLOGS and so on..

While creating Write variant user should check to archive data's that are older than residence period.

For RL_TA - you can specify residence period in Write variant selection criteria.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar on Mar 3, 2009 2:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did some more reading and found that in SARA tcode we can define residence and retention time for the archiving object.

Now when i did some analysis of the object . i found that for some object like "SD_VBKA" there was feature for "Application-Specific Customizing:" where you can specify these timing but for some object like "WORKITEM" , "RL_TA" just feature donot exist. So for the archive objects where we don't have ""Application-Specific Customizing:" button , Do we not set these times ? OR we set the time but some where else. IF we do set the times for such object how do we do that.