Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Material quantity is not being committed on new work order types

former_member221085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created some new work order types but when I assign stock material and release + save order, the required quantity of material is not being committed on new types, however, the same material is committing on standard order types (e.g. PM01, PM02 etc)

Please give me the path

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The committed quantity will be updated only when a material avalibility check is done. This can be automatically done on order save, it is probable you have not set this for the new order types. Check the setting 'check material availavility when saving order' in transaction OIOI.

-Paul

former_member221085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked, the material availability checks are set same on all order types.

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What if you manually do a material availability check in IW32, does that set the committed quantity ?

After availability check is the status MACM (Material committed) set ?

You have specified item category L (stocked) and there is sufficient stock ?

-Paul

former_member221085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upon press of manual material availability button, the quantity is not being updated, however, an error message is popup i.e."Order type PM11, plant RP01: Checking rule missing (see long text)"

Please tell me what should I do to maintain checking rule?

Yah, I have assigned item category L.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you have to maintain the inspection control for the plant and order type combination in OIOI ,where checking rule to be specified ,and other parameters

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that you maintain the configuration for business function 1 and 2 i.e. Order creation as well as order REL.

Sarang

former_member221085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two different types of order PM01 and PM07, I want material quantity should be committed on both order types according to the quantity available in stock e.g. if unrestricted quantity is 10 and I enter 11 as required quantity in an order then order should commit only 10 quantity.

Furthermore, I want to set order type PM01 as it must generate the message of material shortage upon release if required material quantity and committed material quantity would not be found same (e.g. required quantity is 11 and committed quantity is 10){I know this functionality is not available on save option specifically for plant maintenance}

I want to set order type PM07 as it must not generate the message of material shortage upon release if required material quantity and committed material quantity would not be found same or would be found same (I know this functionality is not available on save option specifically for plant maintenance)

Please tell me which settings I should maintain for both order types in both business functions 1 & 2 by using OIOI?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain the below settings for the respective order types in transaction OIOI to accomplish your needs..

1) Order type : PM01

Plant : Your plant

Availability check : 1 (Order create)

Select MAT check when Saving order

Make sure that No check" is initial

Checking Rule : PM

Component Check Type = Space

2)Order type : PM01

Availability check : 2 (Order Release)

Release material : 1 (User decides On release if parts are missing)

Order Type PM07

1)Order type : PM07

Availability check : 1 (Order create)

Make sure that No check" is initial

2)Order type : PM07

Availability check : 2 (Order Release)

Release material : 2 (Release order even if parts are missing)

The above 4 settings should do the trick.

Please make sure that the material in question has the checking group entered in MRP 3 view of the material master (Default standard value 1).

Please make sure that "res. Pur Req" indicator in the general tab of the component is set to "immediate"

Regards

Narasimhan

Answers (0)