cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repost of Balance from One GL to other GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created a new GL in place of one Old GL. The Old GL has been closed but there is balance, so we want to transfer this balance to new GL.

Please tell how this reposting can be done, its withing FI.

Regd

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, good inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the reply,

Unfortunately, the account has automated posting flag ticked. FB01 and FB50, both are Direct FI postings.

I will have to change the master data first which the client will not agree. Any body aware if i can use fb04 to change the old document itslef.

Regd

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go and remove the flag for direct posting. This will enable u to post to this account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sorry I did not see the second part. I think u cannot use Fb04 functionality here. What u can do is u can reverse the transaction and do a fresh posting with new GL account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just use any fi posting entry like fb01 or fb50 and enter the old gl and new gl in the debit and credit based on the values and post the document. then it will be transferred.

assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can use FB50. Enter the Gl account which has been closed with reverse sign of the balance and enter the new Gl account for which u need to transfer the amount. Before transferring the amount ensure that Old Gl is opened for posting.