Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report for Materials with Inspection setup indicator active

former_member669314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please help me with a report from where we can get a list of materials with inspection setup indicator active in material master.

BR.,

Ammu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually the answers above aren't totally correct.

Transaction QA08 can give you this report.

Run QA08, click on the "Deactivate Inspection Type" tab.

Enter an inspection type.

Enter in any plant values or other selection criteria you want. Leave them empty to get every thing.

Click execute.

A list of all materials with the inspection type active will be provided. Make sure you don't click on the SAVE button. Otherwise the inspection type will be deactivated. You can select all the columns and copy them into Excel if you want. Run this for each inspection type you are interested in.

You can use the "activate inspection type" to see those materials with an inactive inspection type.

I do prefer setting up a SQVI for this however.

Keep in mind that QA08 is a mass change transaction. This should only be given to super users and other people that really understand it. It can change a lot of data in a hurry. I recommend you always click on "create change documents" if you ever have need to actually use this.

Craig

sourabh_maheshwari2
Active Participant

Hi Craig,

QA08 is correct, but we generally never recommend this for super/end user use as it brings unnecessary risk like you mentioned

Better safe than sorry

But no doubt, QA08 can definitely be used

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I wouldn't give it to everyone as I indicated.

I usually find this activity is wanted primarily by master data people who are usually pretty competent and fairly well trained. It shouldn't be available to everyone at.

Having no idea of the OP's level of responsibility or training, I didn't want him to write a development if this is just an occasional request and he can just use QA08 once or twice a year and give the user's an Excel file with the data.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_maheshwari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Please do try to look into available answers first as this question has been answered several times

-> You can find it in table QMAT

former_member669314
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sourabh

But I am looking for a standard report if available.

sourabh_maheshwari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ammu,

There is no std. report available unfortunately

you can write a SQVI query in case the target is End/Super users

Abhishek_Parab
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As suggested by Sourabh,

The end user does should not have access to the tables, please create a query with ABAPer help or use SQ01.

Thanks and REgards,

Abhishek PArab.