cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate requirements from MD04 for multiple materials

mikegaunt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Have a list of 31 materials that I need to provide 24 months of requirements forecast for. 

Initially I went to SE16N - RESB and ran the data, then to validate via a pivot. 

However the totals do not appear to match MD04 when spot checking. 

Any others ideas of how I can get the requirements in total per material or Vendor ? 

Many Thanks 

TIA

View Entire Topic
DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @mikegaunt 

RESB holds reservation items. Reservations contribute to overall requirements but they are not all requirements, as you can have also other requirements like customer orders.

One of the ways to report requirements would be the MC47 transaction.

Another a custom report over stock/requirements list that can be read with the BAPI_MATERIAL_STOCK_REQ_LIST function.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

mikegaunt
Explorer
0 Kudos
Is there a way to configure MC47 for qty ?
DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
@mikegaunt Once MC47 list is displayed, click "Double-line" button. That will get you quantities.
mikegaunt
Explorer
0 Kudos
Is it possible to break these out by month? Also what is the table for this data?
DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@mikegauntUnfortunately MC47 can't be aggregated by months. MC47 gets requirements from different tables depending what kind of requirement that is e.g. RKPF, RESB - reservations., VBAK, VBAP - sales orders etc. 

You can get monthly aggregation of requirements in MD04, but here you need to go material by material or you can use BAPI_MATERIAL_STOCK_REQ_LIST to read monthly totals into your custom report.

mikegaunt
Explorer
0 Kudos
You mentioned "RKPF, RESB - reservations., VBAK, VBAP - sales orders etc. " What does SAP add together to get the MD04 value? I am hoping I can use SE16N and various tables to aggregate the data. Simply as I have 31 Materials across 10 plants to get the data for. Also how is the BAPI function used ?
DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@mikegaunt

Don't go for SE16 or SE16N:

• it is too complex - requirements are read from many different tables with specific selection criteria e.g. a blocked sales order doesn't count as a requirement. It's next to impossible to replicate requirements calculation logic with SE16 and Excel
  • it is not secure - SE16 / SE16N don't provide authorization checks. Users mustn't have access to SE16 in production
  • don't reinvent the wheel - BAPI_MATERIAL_STOCK_REQ_LIST reads requirements and provides them in monthly buckets. All you need to do is to write a simple ABAP report, call BAPI_MATERIAL_STOCK_REQ_LIST there and display the results.
mikegaunt
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Dominik, Unfortunately I dont have access to SE38 0r SE80