cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repetitive Manufacturing without Production Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to have repetitive manufacturing without Production Versions? We already have the BOMs and Routings as we are currently using discrete manufacturing. There are a bunch of semi-finished materials which we want to produce using Repetitive manufacturing without creating Production versions. Since we want to get rid of the production orders, we will definitely create product cost collectors for these materials.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gyanaranjan_rout
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello

for product cost collector and confirmation in mfbf and handling unit also done based on production version.

so rem, material master,bom,rate routing and production version is mandatory.

Regards

Gyana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swing swiss,

Well i am currently working in Rem Mfg implementation with out Production there is nothing to do in Rem Mfg.

Because, we have to do Product cost collector which is a dependent on production version in KKF6N.

Even in Material cost estimation with quantity structure will need production version.

Even while you doing MFBF with out production version can't do it for particular material because the lot size you maintain.

Production versions are meant for Rem Mfg it is also called as a combination of BOM and Task list and also you check the REM indicator.

Even it is not mandatory to use the Production version in Discrete Mfg but it is necessary to maintain in Rem Mfg ok.

Production Version:

A production version determines which alternative BOM is used together with which task list/master recipe to produce a material or create a master production schedule.

For one material, you can have several production versions for various validity periods and lot-size ranges.

use:

Production versions are used both in discrete manufacturing and process manufacturing.

Production versions are used in Sales and Operations Planning (SOP), material requirements planning (MRP), process order creation, and product costing to select the most suitable task list or recipe and the corresponding material list.

You can also select a recipe and BOM without a production version. Note, however, that if you do so, material quantity calculation data is not copied.

Please find the below link you be more clear about Production version importance.

Reference Link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/89/a42403461e11d182b50000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

I hope it helps you any queries please revert me back.

Regards,

Madhu.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Production version is mandatory. You can not avoid it.

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Production version is backbone in REM. You cannot avoid production version.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

In my understanding it's not possible to perform a production confirmation without any production version in MFBF.

Though you will be able to create a product cost collector based on BOM/rate routing.

If my understanding is correct then production version is a mandatory master data which you cannot avoid.

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

Yes, I did try without any success. Its not even possible to create a PCC without PV. Was just wondering if anybody had any other ideas. But thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for all your replies. I am closing the thread now.

Regards,

Sachin