cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reorder point planning at Storage Loc level and auto replenishment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The situation is that there are two storage location assigned to a plant. One staorage Location has the stock of Customer Consignment the Other is the storage location where finished items are stocked.

The customer consignment storage location stock should be managed by reorder point planning so that whenever the stock at the same comes down below a certain level, automatically replenishment will happen from the storage location where finished items are stored.

Can we simulate the scenario in SAP by maintaining the Storage location relevant MRP, and maintaining the reodrer point stock, lot size in MRP 4 view. But any idea how we can assign the source storage location from where the replenishment happens ?

Any other innovative way of handling the situation would also be appreciated.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at using MRP areas for such a requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we have already thought of Having MRP area for the storage location and rup MRP for the MRP Area. This can gerenate requirement when the stock falles below the reorder point.

But the question lies that can we have an automatic stock transfer based on the requirement from a source/supplying storage location.

Is there anyplace where we can define the source/supplying storage location for automatic replenishment.

regards

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that the source MRP area can be defined using a special procurement key.

You may also want to look at using KANBAN for such a requirement.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

juliocesarquion
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar requirement, as you well said, with MRP 4 view indicator (2) you can acomplish this, but then when you run MRP you get a MatRes and a Transfer reservation, and when processing the reservation with MIGO with Transfer option then you manually have to select the source storage location, and I want this to be defaulted, any ideas on how to make this happen?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

i ,

You can try with these two things:

1 In the material master in MRP2 view remove the special procurement type which u might hav selected for STO.

2.If any source list is maintained for this material then remove the MRP indicator 2 from there so that it does not directly generate schedule lines.

Hope is helps.