cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reorder point + PIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it possible to have both reorder point and PIR to be considered together.

Case 1:

If we have  Stock            200 kg

PIR               500 kg

Reorder point 100 kg

system should raise 300 kg planned order when MRP is run

Case 2:

If we have stock               50 kg

reorder point   100 kg

fixed lot size 1000 kg

system should raise 1000 kg planned order when MRP is run

Regards,

Joseph.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

You can maintain PIR once the MRP type is VB(Manual reorder point planning). PIR will be displayed.

Once you maintained reorder point and stock falls below reorder point then only proposal will be generated for the maximum stock.

In the test case PIR is 250000 and stock is 7. Refer below screen which shows no proposal will be generated if the PIR is more and requirement exists after MRP run also. Only proposal will be generated for reorder point.

So both are not possible.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to have both Reorder point planning combined with PIR.

However, we have option to include Reorder point with external requirements e.g. Sales order or project requirements with MRP type V1 Manual reord.point w. ext.reqs or V2 Autom. reord.point w. ext.reqs which can help you plan additional requirements other than ROP but I doubt it will work with PIR but definitely these two MRP types will work for external requirements.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tejas for your reply...

My requirement is the shopfloor should not stop with material shortfall.

In certain cases for some finished products the PIR will not be generated. So the raw materials will go below stock if we consider only PIR.

So i would like to go for reorder point too for critical raw materials, but i cant relay only on reorder point alone.

Is there any other option to cater my requirement in SAP..???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome Joseph,,,,

As far as I know. it is not feasible in SAP to combine ROP & PIR.

Instead if you wish go with option of MRP type PD with safety stock. This combination will work more or less similar to ROP. Since system will always ensure buffer stock in terms of safety stock. Also safety stock will ensure you are never in a situation of no stock.

Also I would recommend in case of less valued items you may combine PD with lot size HB - Replenish upto max stock level. So it will work good to have sufficient stock.

However, for ROP what I suggested are the options available in standard SAP e.g. VB, V1 or V2. They dont work with PIR.

You have to choose which is more suitable for you i.e. ROP or PIR.

Based on above judgement you can choose to go with any of the above MRP types.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may use safety stock for those materials. Define safety stock in MRP2 screens of the material master to simply initiate procurement if the supply falls below that quantity. Use safety stock with MRP charactheristic PD.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ozgen,

Thank you for your reply...

I work in a process industry...so giving safety stock for material may keep the stock for long period. I need the system to plan according to the past consumption qty for that particular material.

Regards,

Joseph.

Former Member
0 Kudos