cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming a PDF export file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to take a PDF file and rename it when I select it to export a document. Is there any way to do this? Right now when you select the PDF icon it automatically saves the file with the naming convention of Document name.date and time.....no reference to anything that would make sense when you go to look up all PDF files. Plus I would like the option to save this file where I want other than the default path set in Admin...any ideas?

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

After you click the PDF icon, the PDF file is created immediately with the naming convention you described. What you can do is: since the PDF file is opened, you can save a copy from the PDF file window with the name meaningful to you such as the order number etc.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

What would cause the PDF not to open after you select the icon....this client's site just saves it immediately without opening....wierd because my version does not do that and we are on the same patch....

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion is: check the other PDF files on your client's site. Could you open the file by click the PDF file name only?

tshotlego
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Where in SAP can you set the system to automatically update the naming convention when exporting the document to PDF?