cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing subgroup node from Cost Center hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I need to REMOVE (<b>not DELETE</b>) a cost center group ( a sub node) from the standard hierarchy (OKEON)

I tried to remove as per SAP help option, link as follows:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/5b/d2200743c611d182b30000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

But i couldn't find the 'Remove' option any where in Edit>Selected entry>Remove, its 4.7 system. I checked with other SAP systems also, there is no option like that. Any one worked with this Option?

Any help is appreciated, points will be rewarded.

thanks

Nellikka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checkout the use of Cost Center Group Change (transaction KSH2). You should be able to specificy the cost center group of the standard hierarchy just the same as OKEON.

In this case, position your cursor on the node you want to remove and hit the select button (F9).

You can then press the Remove Button (F5).

That'll take it out of the hierarchy without deleting the group.

Good luck.

Kyle Gershman

Director of SAP

CSI Leasing, Inc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply, i got the option through KSH2.

regards

Nellikka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome SDN,

Can you please let us know ur exact requirement.Why you want to remove and not delete. What is the diffrence between two.What is the motto behind.

Regards

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aravind/Kyle

Thanks for the reply guys.I need to create some new nodes and delete out old nodes with cost centers. So I transfered the cost centers assigned to the old nodes to the new nodes by changing it in the master data of the required cost center as it won't allow to change in standard hierarchy. Now no cost centers are linked to this old cost center node which i want to delete.But its not allowing me to DELETE in standard hierarchy function.

I checked with the 'Where used list' option through KSH2, it showed two planning layout linked to this cost center group, but it is just a layout form. Not sure how it got linked to cost center group.Usually it should take to the object master data where it is linked, this case its not taking to the planning layout. In that way i am not able to DELETE this cost center group, that's why i decided for the REMOVE option which SAP describes will remove from the current hierarchy but stays in database (didnt understand it technically). Unfortunately i couldnt find any such

Edit>Selected entry>Remove option through standard hierarchy althought SAP has specified it in help.God knows!

thanks

Nellikka