Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed inspection flag for a part with backorder

former_member658922
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi guys ,

I try to remove some parts from our inspection plan but some of them are in backorder (we are waiting to receive them).

My concern is that when i removed the inspection flag in MN02 for a material with a backorder, the material is still blocked with a Q flag in SAP (when i received it) so i have to make a MIGO transaction to validate it. So i loose time to make it as well and its not interesting to do that.

It seems that we put an action in the PO to have an inspection on it.

How can i fix it or be sure that the part will go directly in stock with a good receipt ?

Thank you for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member658922
Discoverer

So finally i found where the condition was settle to put the part in inspection.

I found it in the PO directly and in the item Delivery - Stock type , the option "quality inspection" was settle per defect because of it was the first time that we purchased this Part number.

So i just ask the buyer to change it to "Unrestricted use" to be sure that the part will be in stock after the receiving.

Thank you Craig for your help

former_member42743
Active Contributor

Yes, you could possibly use a user exit when the insp. lot is being created that could suppress the lot creation if the inspection has been turned off for the material but was specified originally in the PO. I wouldn't know however if this could potentially interfere with anything else downstream.

Personally, I think you just need a process to update the documents when the decision is made to turn of the QM inspection.

Craig

former_member658922
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Craig, thank you for your answer !

Yes as you said, its like a chain between the purchase requisition and the reception of the part.

I will try to go directly on the purchase to change this parameter but not sure that I have the right to modify it.

But maybe i could manage it with creating a FIQ with "No inspection" parameter ? I don't know if it would change something ...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe, (emphasis on believe), that once the flag is copied into the RFQ, it is propagated further down the chain into the requisition, into the purchase order and then that flag is used in the receipt, not the material master.

I haven't worked with requisitions but I have seen this same behavior in contracts and blanket PO's.

Once the documents are created, you have to edit the documents directly and remove the flags if you decide at some point along the process you no longer want to inspect the item. There is no automatic re-reading of the master data.

Since you put that requirement into the original contract (RFQ?) when it was created and issued, SAP doesn't allow rereading of the master data. That wouldn't be fair because after all, the vendor is working under the terms of the original contract, not what might have been changed after it was issued.

Craig