cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove negative stock in transit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have negative stock in transit in MB5T I checked that GI is not done for the delivery & GR & IR seems to be posted.

As delivery is archived & GR material document is also archived it is not possible to do GI or reversal of GR.

In this case how I can remove negative stock in transit.

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it between 2 plants in the same company

or between 2 plants belonging to different companies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Plants belongs to different co. codes.

Thanks,

Kiran

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in case the plants involved in a STO belong to different plants you do not have any real stock in transit which could be cleared with 557/558 movements.

In your case you have virtual stock in transit, which is just the difference between the goods issue quantity and goods receipt quantity from your purchase order history.

You need a modification to close the PO with delivery complete indicator, please see OSS

Note 167795 - Completion of stock transfers with GI qty > GR qty

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You can do stock Adjustment. You should post a stock adjustment using T Cod MB11 by using Movement Types 557/558 to clear the stock in Transit. If you do not want to allocate this cost to any cost center,we can make the Cost center field as optional.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can solve it by goods issue using 557 movement type.

Please check the following link, which discuss the similar problem.

http://scn.sap.com/message/14351759#14351759

Hope its helpful.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT

Negative qty cannot be posted using 557 movement. Your answer is valid for positive qty.

Thanks,

Kiran

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you follow the link that I mentioned? In the link, its mentioned how to adjust the stock in transit using a program.

You can use 558 instead of 557 for negative adjustments.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use 558 movement type in Dev server and proceed if it meets your requirement. Further,  making adjustments will not have effect in MB5T report. They still show the records in MB5T. You will have to set the delivery complete indicator besides stock in transit adjustments so that the same will not appear in MB5T report. Just check one complete cycle in Dev server and confirm.

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandekar,

Pls try by doing the below.

Pls do 558 movement type for negative adjustements.

Also check against which delivery wrong qty was posted.

If Wrong posting is done aginst some other delivery and stock exists in the plant, QI is not active cancel the GR & do the correct postings.

If stock is consumed in the receiving plant - If system allows increase the stock and cancel the GR and do the correct postings.

Rao

tomas_talpa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

so it's just the GI which hasn't been posted? Than you can always post the GI subsequently with movement type 303 "Transfer posting plant to plant - remove from storage". Or is there anything what is preventing this posting?

Kind Regards

TomT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it will set off against specific STO's. & it will remain open in MB5T

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you have done the adjustments for Negative transit quantity. Now check whether the Delivery completed indicator is set in STO Item. If required, you may try to set the same in STO Item and then check MB5T report.