cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing PO second time in ME28

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The PO is approved in ME28 for the first time in the transaction code ME28. After approving the PO, changes are made later to the purchase order, which will again reassign the release strategy. This purchase order will again appear in the ME28 list for the approval, since this was already approved in ME28 and this purchase order is appearing for the second time in ME28 but without the release button (green tick mark and pencil icon). However this release button is available in T. code ME29N.

Why this release button is missing in T. code ME28 but it is available in T. code ME29N ? The approver would like to release the PO through the T. code ME28.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards

LYD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nature of Transaction code ME28 and ME29N are different.

In ME28, you can go through individual code and collective release is possible, however in ME29N it is individual release, where you can see all release codes and tick etc.

Here in ME28, you need to select the line item and push save + release or go to EDIt choose Release + SAVE

or in intial screen choose scope list "ALV" instead of default BEST .

You can also default "ALV " out put in configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. The scope of List used in ME28 is ALV.

Actually the key user has created a variant in T. code ME28 with a filter criteria "deletion indicator" on the layout. It means all item lines deleted on PO will not be displayed in ME28 T. code. And it seems that the release button in ME28 T. code is always located on the First item line of the layout. Hence, if the user deletes the first item line of the PO, he will not see the release button (green tick mark and pencil icon) on the ME28 T. code because this button is always located on the first line of the layout.

How to display the button release on ALV list wich has the filter "deletion indicator" on the layout ?

Thanks.

regards,

LYD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to change the Layout.In the Filter for Deletion Indicator , set the Filter as the filed Value deletion Indicator should not be equal to "L". By setting this Filter you will be able to see the release option.System will exclude all those line items from the report which are deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I've done what you said but the release button is still not displayed. I modified the layout from the ALV list as follow : the value of the criteria "deletion indicator" in the filter tab is different to "L". Result : SAP has excluded all those item lines from the report which are deleted but the green tick mark and pencil icon (release button) is not displayed in the release option column. So, the approver cannot validate the PO.

Any idea ?

Many thanks.

Regards,

LYD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the Scope of List that you are using in the transaction ME28. If it is ALV , check whether you have selected the field "Release Option" in your layout. Goto Settings -- Layout -- Change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. The scope of List used in ME28 is ALV.

Actually the key user has created a variant in T. code ME28 with a filter criteria "deletion indicator" on the layout. It means all item lines deleted on PO will not be displayed in ME28 T. code. And it seems that the release button in ME28 T. code is always located on the First item line of the layout. Hence, if the user deletes the first item line of the PO, he will not see the release button (green tick mark and pencil icon) on the ME28 T. code because this button is always located on the first line of the layout.

How to display the button release on ALV list wich has the filter "deletion indicator" on the layout ?

Thanks.

regards,

LYD