cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am into an implementation project of Public Sectory company in India. As per their requirement the total number of release strategies (PRRFQPO+CONTRACTS) are adding upto to the total number of around 20000 (Twenty Thousand). In that context i have the following questions.

Has anyone used these many strategies so far in any implementation?

Will there be any system contraints if i go ahead with the requirement?

Is there any other alternate solution to overcome this in SAP?

Thanks,

R. Jeyakumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. we are using 59000 (fifty nine thousand ) release strategy for our current project, you can use N Number of release strategy ,

2. as i said earlier you can use n number of release strategy,( there is no system constraint for this )

3. it is possible in sap so we dont want alternative system (SAP is wonderful erp system than others, which support release strategy )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks for your clarification and it was really an useful answer. Now i am confident that i can go ahead with the requirement mapping.

It would be very helpful if you can share your experience further more on the following.

1. How did you manage these many Release strategy creation as Release Strategy and Release code can only be two charactors?

2. How efficiently you have utilised Release Groups?

3. Have you used any upload mechanism to create (configure) these strategies? If yes please share with me.

As you have mentioned Release Strategy is a powerful mechanism and wonderful functionality of SAP. Clarification on above would enlighten me more on the same.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

R. Jeyakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done. However SAP has restrictions for upto 8 release codes. However using multiple strategies with classifications and characterstics, you can define different strategies for one document type.

I did it, but ours was only 11 types of releases(Regular, p-card, Assets, funds, grants, material group based, etc.,) for one document type NB.