cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release strategy PO/PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Why we use structures CEKKO and CEBAN only for releasing PO and PR. why cant we use tables EKKO and EBAN or anyother table.

Anjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anjan,

System will not fetch data from structures CEKKO and CEBAN as structures cannot store data. Only tables and views can store data. System would fetch the data from Database Tables EKKO and EBAN at runtime not from CEKKO and CEBAN for the above reason.

You can check this in Transactions SE11/SE16. You would not able to display the data in structures as they do not store the same.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen

Then why we use CEKKO and not EKKO? if data is fetched from EKKO only then we should put that only.please clarify my doubt.

second thing suppose creating a new release strategy, so while assigning release group to a class can we have two class in a system for PO?if not why?

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can only have one class for PO release, you can't have two.

The reason is purely technical, it is imply the way that they have designed it.

It may seem that this prevents certain options but by clever use of characteristics you should be able to achieve what you need with one class.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Thanks for response..waht about the other query..why can't we use EKKO in CT01.

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I have said, this is something that I can't answer, I am not that technical.

But what it COULD be is as follows.

The Characteristics of a class have values and when you classify an object the value is stored.

In SAP you can allocate a table and field to the characteristic so that the data from the field on that table can be automatically used as the characteristic value.

For example if we were to create a material characteristic called "Unit of Measure" we can allocate the material master table MARA and the appropriate field from that table to the characteristic "Unit of measure" on the value tab in CT04. This means that if we then classify a material with the class that contains this characteristic, we don't have to enter the UOM, the system picks it up automatically from the MARA field.

BUT (and it is a BIG BUT), when we are using the classification functions in the release strategy we are <u>not actually classifying anything</u>. The PO does not actually get classified, the system just uses the classification <u>functionality</u> to check the values of various fields (characteristics).

So if the PO is not actually classified (like you would classify a material etc.) then the systemn cannot just use the field from the PO because there will be no classification record to store this on. The classification as such is purely temporary and so it has to use a temporary structure (such as CEKKO) so that nothing is actually stored or affects the actual EKKO table?

This may be completely worng, but until anyone can give you a firm anser to your question, then this is the best reason I ncan think of for having to use CEKKO instead of EKKO (because this is a temporary use of the class, the PO is not actually claassified as such).

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Thanks for the beautiful explanation, at least i have now some reason in my mind why we are not using EKKO instead of CEKKO.

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

I have seen some answers on this forum regarding release of PO at item level given by you and Yogesh. but i wonder if it is really possible using the methods given there : 1. keeping the value for item level field as blank in CL24N

2. Having 1st line item value same as given in CL24N.

I am trying this but not happening, i know you and yogesh always give the solution already tried by you people but in this case i am not able to do it.

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CL24N has no relevance to release strategies, why did you think it did?

You simply use the line item fields that are available in the CEKKO structire and assign them to characteristics.

I think I may have misunderstood your problem but CL24N is simply not relevant.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the system uses these to prefill the characteristic values, btu I am not sure why they cannot pick this up directly from EKKO or EBAN, it would make it a bit easier.

but this is starting to get technical and I leave that to the BASIS / ABAP people.

Steve B