cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release code-Rel strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus,

I have created Release strategy in DEV,It is working fine there.The same release stregy i have created correctly in Quality.My problem is that the release code defined in release strategy in quality is not working fine,it is taking additional release code even it is not defined in release strategy,But it is working fine in DEV.

e.g.Rel strat. A1 Release code X,Y &Z

In QA it is taking Rel strat A1 Rel code X,Y,Z,M .the additional M which is there in the system but for other rel strategy.

Pleass suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mohd_uzairhussain
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhawal,

As per my knowledge u create release strategies in DEVand then transport it to Quality server.In your case how could you define a strategy in Quality server ? it will be non modifiable generally in all projects.In this case if wrong code is getting reflected in A1 then it means that while creation of strategy it was defined earlier and then deleted later.Some times these changes might not get updated in tables.

Some time back I have faced the same scenario in our project.

To rectify it define the same A1 strategy in DEV i.e A1 - with X,Y,Z ,M codes again which is similar to Quality server transport the request to Quality server.

Now again define with correct codes for A1 - X,Y,Z in DEV and transport this new request to Quality sevrer ...this over writes the earlier data in Quality server and this meets ur requirement properly.

Hope its clear to u .

regards,

Uzair

Edited by: Mohd Uzair Hussain on Jun 4, 2009 12:57 PM

Edited by: Mohd Uzair Hussain on Jun 4, 2009 1:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uzair

It worked.

mohd_uzairhussain
Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratulations Dhawal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

release strategy is different from client to client.

change release codes of the relsease srtategy and check.

check other release stragtegies are maintained in quality sytem. If there is any conflict is there then also it did not works.

For use only one type of release procedure. i.e. with classification or with out classificaion.

both will not work at a time.