Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejection During Operation

former_member734007
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a component which has to go thorough variuos process an is mapped as operation 5,10,20,40,60.

During operation 20 we hav MIC on basis of which system evaluats whether the componens is good or rejected. However if a component is rejected in operation 20 it doesnot reflect as gettin one component less in MD04.for eg if my order qty of component A is of 4 and one "A" get rejected in operation 20 MD04 still shows 4 components to be produced from production order. Its only when i do GR of the other components it says 3 components avlb.Also its gives wrong information when i am runnin planning engine. Please Help do i need to do any config setting

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MD04, system shows only requirement quantity not the operation quantity.So even you reject component in operation, that will not reflect in MD04.If the requirement quantity is not fulfilled at the end of the order(i.e after GR for this order),system will create another procurement element in the next MRP run for balance quantity.

Regards,

Rajarao.

former_member734007
Participant
0 Kudos

well in our process we during 20th operation if the component is rejected its updated as scrap qty. since there is a seiral number attached we need to create a new order with order type rework. my question is since the motor is rejected in 20th operation y is not considered as 1qty short frm dat production order in MD04.

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the material rejected at operation 20 is treated as scrap then that cost also will be accounted to that order. Or if u work on the rejected material and rectify the same your need to create a rework order. To create rework order go to tcode CO07, Order Type PP03, and rest GI,Confirmation and GR are normal. If any specific raw materials are consumed during reqork same to be entered in production order component overview. Settlement will be done to the main order.If the rejected quantity is reworked and made GR, quantity will be updated in MD04 Screen.

If you treat the rejected quantity as complete Scrap then u have run MRP and create PO for that one left over quantity.

Hope this will solve ur problem.

AWD if useful

Ramagiri.