Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding personnel No

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am a SAP-HR fresher.

i have created positions in Organisation Management.by putting that position id in Pa40.The personnel no what i am getting those personnel nos are not coming in sequantial.

Is there any rule so that i can get the personnel no in a sequancy.

also i have created so many paersonnel no. is it possible to make it in a sequancial order.

Thanks

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

change the number range and then activate it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Number ranges in SAP-HCM(HR) - Personnel Administration is used for defining Personnel number of employees.

It is of two types (1. Internal - Personnel Number of an employee gets generated automatically,

2. External - Personnel Number of an employee has to be entered manually)

Path

Display IMG/Personnel Management/Personnel Administration/Basic Settings/Maintain number range interval for personnel numbers

Once the number range are defined at this stage, the same has to be assigned to either company code, personnel area or sub area, employee group or sub group based on the client requirement using a feature called NUMKR.

Path

Display IMG/Personnel Management/Personnel Administration/Basic Settings/Determine default for number ranges

If you would have created so many personnel number you can link it to the above said category using the feature NUMKR and make it sequential.

Thus when u run 'Hiring' action in Personnel Administration (PA40) based on the choice of the the field you have mentioned in NUMKR the personnel number gets generated (or) you can enter it manually if you choose the number range to be external.

Pls get back to me if you have more queries.

Reward if useful

regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

i have created NUMKR.

How i 'll link NUMKR with the personnel no.

pls let me know.

pls clarify steps wise,

Thanks

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Tell me in detail how you want the personnel number to be assigned in feature NUMKR and send acros the screen shot of personnel number you have created to asanthoshkumar at rediffmail.com

I would be able to explain in detail after that.

regards,

Santhosh

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u send the screen shot to me also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I have gone through your mail and the screen shot you have sent, Seems like the there are 2 / 3 employee groups to which the personnel numbers are defaulted by the feature NUMKR.

And the employees are already hired through Personnel Administarion and have got Personnel number assigned.

Sequential order of a position or a department doesnt have any relation with the personnel number.

I am afraid, it is not advisable to change these personnel numbers of employeesalready hired and i would be able to give more detailed info or breif you how the grouping is done if you could send me the screen shot the the following two points.

1. Goto: Tcode (SPRO) Display IMG/Personnel Management/Personnel Administration/Basic Settings/Maintain number range interval for personnel numbers (take a screen shot of this page)

2. Goto: Display IMG/Personnel Management/Personnel Administration/Basic Settings/Determine default for number ranges (Expand all the nodes on your company code and take a screen shot of this page)

Pls send both the pages to the same email ID of mine, i can explain the reason for the personnel number getting displayed in the CTC register.

regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh

we have created a Company, under that i ve created 3 Employee group,and 5 EMPLOYEE Subgroup.

I ve sent the screen shot.

Thanks

Tejasmayee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I have sent a model screen shot of how the NUMKR has to be assigned to the Employee Group.

This will sort your query.

regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is it necessary to maintain NUMKR for creating Personnel no.

It is not possible to change the personnel no of the employee for whom payroll already been run.

rt ?

if i'll change the personnel no of the employee then again i ve to run the payroll for them.

Thanks

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain feature NUMKR inorder to default it to a country/company code/personnel area,subarea/employee group,subgroup.

It is hardly possible and not advisable to change personnel number of the exisitng employees in SAP, as you will have complications in payroll..etc.

Pls tell me the need to change the personnel number of the existing employees...?

regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I want to change the personnel no of the employee because the personnel nos are not in a sequancial order.

also i want to creat the personnel no of some new employees.

when 1 m creating the payroll by puting the values of Basic, hra onle but in CTC register Bonus,CEA,LTA all are coming.

Can u tell me how to maintain Professiona tax, so that when i'll take the print out of Income tax all the deduction has to come.

Thanks

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing a personel number of an employee already existing in SAP would lead to complications, but if the same is done in a testing server you can delete all the employee records in PU00, go to Display IMG, group the personnel number and assign it to relevant group in feature NUMKR as explained in the screen shot sent earlier.

Once the above process is complete go the PA40 and start hiring employees from the beginning with the new personnel number. Here you can also create new employees with the personnel numbers.

Your next question related to professional tax...etc is a new one and our forum friends would not be able to view this question as its under personnel number and NUMKR.

Hence suggest, if your query on personnel number and NUMKR is addressed you can close this thread, open a new one and post your professional tax query in that.

regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

You will need to maintain number ranges for the sequence you needed and also maintain feature NUMKR for the same.

Arti