cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding how to manage multiple consignment fillup plants at time of consignment issue/pull

david_rosen1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This is the example:

Part A from plant PN01 ships to customers consignment location 10 units on fillup order/delivery/PGI - consignment inventory batch is created and is under PN01 for this soldto.

Later in day, Part A from plant US01 ships to customerss consignment location 10 units on fillup order/delivery/PGI - consignment inventory batch is created and is under US01 this soldto.

At this point if I look in MMBE, I will see 10 units under PN01 and 10 units under US01 for a TOTAL consignment at customer consignment location of 20 units.

A week later they send an EDI consignment issue/pull message for parts A 20 units ... If I try creating a consignment issue order with line item 10 for 20 units and plant US01, it will not find 20 units .. If I set the plant to PN01, it will not find the 20 units.

Note: PU01 and US01 are associated to the same company code.

What is the accepted approach to deal with this without user intervention ? WHen the EDI pull message comes in, I shoudl be able to create a consignment issue order with 1 line item for 10 units ... should I not ? What do very large companies do that have 10+ plants shiping the same part to consignment locations ??

Any help/direction appreciated .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Note: PU01 and US01 are associated to the same company code

Still you need to create Consignment issue with two line items. It is not possible to consolidate the quantities of different plants into one line item. Alternatively, what you can explore is that to have a virtual plant to which, you can stock transfer via MB1B with 301 movement type. Depending upon the periodicity of stocks to be transferred to virtual plant, you can automate the process. So while creating consignment fill-up order itself, you can have one line item with one plant code.