I am facing this problem please help
1. In system we have posted Depreciation up to 30.09.06 mannualy and SAP has started from 01.10.2006 and we want to Run depreciation from 01.10.06 onwards.
2. When we Run Depreciation for the month of Oct-06(7) system give message that you should run depreciation for the month of April-06
3. When we run Depreciation for the month of April-06 than system gives the message that period april is not oppened .
4. if We change the Period from T code ob52 than it run depreciation only for the assets which were purchased during april to Sept for which we have already posted Depreciation up to 30.09.06.
5. in System we have put purchase date which is tallied with our excel sheet for purchase calculation.
6. we have opened two year in sap we have not closed the last period yet because our balance sheet is not finalised yet.
now we want to Run and post Depreciation from oct-06 to 31.03.07 pls guide.
thanks & regards
Please check this -
-> FI > AA->Asset data transfer-- >Parameters for data transfer -
SAP text for the settings
1) Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year
In this step, you determine the transfer date for the asset data transfer. This date determines the status of posting to be used for the transfer (posting up to this date will be included in the transfer), not the actual date the data transfer is carried out. This specification also determines whether you want to perform the transfer during the fiscal year (with transfer of posted transactions/depreciation in the current fiscal year) or at the end of the fiscal year (without transactions).
If the transfer date is not the last day of the fiscal year (according to the fiscal year variant in FI), the system interprets this as transfer during the fiscal year. The system cannot transfer any historical transactions. It can only transfer cumulative values from the end of the last fiscal year, and the transactions in the current fiscal year (the second is only possible for transfer during the fiscal year).
transfer date = December 31, 1997
=> last closed fiscal year = 1997
Specify the transfer date for each company code.
SAP library FI-AA: Asset Data Transfer -> Time of Transfer
2)Specify Last Period Posted in Prv.System (Transf.During FY)
The following step is only necessary if you want to perform an old assets data takeover during the fiscal year. In this case, you must specify the period up to which depreciation was posted in the previous system. This period refers to the posted depreciation that is to be transferred during old assets data takeover.
Specify the period up to which depreciation was posted in the previous system.
I hope you could resolve now.