Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Bom and Routing

former_member357396
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

i have header material say material number is (215) and the component material number is 207 and i have three operations in routing 1st operation is sub-shearing and 2nd operation is sub bending and 3rd operation is sub-rolling where all three operations are external so how can i map this scenario and what procurement type need to be maintained

Regards

Badri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

If all the three operations are external , you define Procurement type as F in MRP 2 view for your Header material (215).

If it is sub contracting ( it means, if you are purchasing the material 207 and sending this material to vendor and getting the material back as 215 ), then define special procurement also as 30 in MRP2 view.

So you should maintain two settings if it is sub contracting

1. Procurment type F

2. Special procurement 30.

Then after MRP run system gives PR for that Material 215. You can send material 207 to vendor and can get material 215 with purchase order.

Santhosh

former_member357396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh

My scenario is if the three operations are done on the same component with three operations with three different vendors means 1st operation with vendor1, 2nd operation with Vendor2 and 3rd operation with vendor 3 How can i do this and what settings i need to maintain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

In this case better you create three material for three diffrernt operations and create BOM also for that. This can be the better solutions for good inventory tracking with vendor wise.

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

In this case better you create three material for three diffrernt operations and create BOM also for that. This can be the better solutions for good inventory tracking with vendor wise.

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Santhosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Badri,

You need to maintain the procurement type as E and the flow would be as follows:

1. Creation of Production order: System checks if any externally processing operation exist and create PR for the same.

2. Release of Production order: PRs are converted to PO.

3. Any component assigned to operation is issued to vendor through PO.

4. Once GR is done against the PO, the confirmation is doe for the operation in production order.

5. Steps 3 and 5 are carried out for all your three operations and after the confirmation of the third operation, final confirmation happens to your production order.

6. Post GR for thr finished material against the production order.

Hope, this answers your query.

Regards,

Raghava

former_member357396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

I Have maintained the procurement type E and i have not done any component allocation and when i check the change production order the pr is generated for the 2nd and 3rd option but not for the 1st operation which is also a subcontracting process how can i bring this

Regards

Badri

0 Kudos

Hi Badri,

Please check if you have maintained the correct control key and the purchase info record for the first operation in the routing.

Regards

Raghava

former_member357396
Participant
0 Kudos

yes i have maintained the correct control key and purchase inforecord

Regards

Badri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Badari Prasad,

For you scenario you can use following steps

• 1.    Maintain subcontracting inforecord (T.Code – ME11)
  • 2.  Create routing for header material (T.Code – CA01). On the overview screen , select the line item and then click on the operations, For the operation to be subcontracted, select the control key e.g. PP02 (Control key with external processing), As soon as we enter PP02 and press enter, system prompts to enter the info record details
  • 3.    Create production order, (Transaction CO01)
  • 4.  Note that for the operation that is to be subcontracted , purchase requisition number will get generated when we will save the production order
  • 5.  System has now generated a Purchase Requistion, convert to purchase order.(T.Code ME47)
  • 6.  Print PO (T.Code ME22N)
  • 7.  Send components to vendor, (Transaction MB1B) Movement type 541. Enter relevant PO no, system pulls the details of components to be sent to vendor. We now have to enter the storage location from where we will issue these components
  • 8.    Print the 541 material document, (Transaction MB90)
  • 9.  Report for stock with subcontractor, (Transaction MBLB)
  • 10. Confirm the operations prior to subcontracting operation, (Transaction CO11N)
  • 11. Receive goods for the subcontracting order, (Transaction MIGO)
  • 12. Print the goods receipt document, (Transaction MB90)

Regards,

Srini

former_member357396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi srini

My scenario is if the three operations are done on the same component with three operations with three different vendors means 1st operation with vendor1, 2nd operation with Vendor2 and 3rd operation with vendor 3 How can i do this and what settings i need to maintain

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This can not be define in the system if form one vendor material is getting transfer to another vendor.

Service entry sheet can be use in that case to track status. Better you post the same discussion in MM forum.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

It seems there is only one BOM component say X(may be only one quantity),now this material X is

sent to vendor1 and the processed X is received into plant and sent to vendor 2 and then received

again and sent to vendor3. It seems you do not have any intermediate part codes that you recieve

from vendor1,vendor2.The final part code is say Y which you recieve from vendor 3.

Check whether defining intermediate part codes would be possible for the client/business,so that it

goes in this way,

Initial raw material X sent to vendor 1 and the output material is say X1 and now X1 is sent to vendor

2 and output is X2 and now X2 is input to vendor3 and the final product Y is recved.

Check if my understanding is correct or not.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You have three operations in routing 1st operation is sub-shearing and 2nd operation is sub bending and 3rd operation is sub-rolling where all three operations are external. So this product is not in-house manufacture.

Then go with material subcontracting create BOM for header product 215 as subcontracting F-30with component 207. System will create PR for this product convert it to PO

Send material to the vendor through ME2O

Do the GR MIGO the item will come have header material 215 and it will automatically update in unrestricted stock and consume the component 207. If you want to track the external operation then use the service entry sheet. Please take help of your MM consultant.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member357396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh