Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Account Assignment in creating PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i am creating a PO i am getting the error like

"Unknown account assignment not defined for use hereUnknown account assignment not defined for use here"

I have selected Acc. ass. category as Unknown. or else if I select cost centre its asking for consumption account, if i select for Asset account its asking for asset number...etc.

Can anyone help me which account ass. category i have to select for raw material and how to create them?

Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Account assignment category you can use for direct consumption (procure to consume). In this case, you need to mention the account assignement i.e. cost center, Asset, sales order etc. When you mention this account assignment category at that time you need to give appropriate accounting details on which this material cost will be charged.

if you want to procure material for stock then you need not to give any account assignment category.

Now, it's up to you on how to deal with it.

For stock material dont give account assignment category

For direct consumption, give account assignement category with accounting details.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad Arif,

I tried without giving any acc. assi. category for stocking material, but still its asking for the acc. ass. category for material to Stock as well?

I didnt find where i am doing wrong...

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I think you must not have created accounting view for that material.

go to MM01, give the same material number which you are using and press enter

it will popup the views so select accounting view and give your plant number

maintain valuation class, price indicator and price and save it

then try to create PO.

Hope this helps.

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still I can not do PO?

I did what ever you told, but still not accepting without acc.assignment.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) verify in spro -logistic geneal -material types (Tcode OMS2)- quanity /value updating - valuation - in all valuation areas (as it is in no valuation area).

2) MM02 check the accounting view -verify the valuation class