cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:MTBF Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client needs to have MTBF Formula which is to be customized  .The formula used is MT BF = total no of machines(total available hours-total B/D Hours)/total number of B/D 's.

But in standard SAP there is ONLY MTBR Formula which is not same as MTBF. i WANT To know from where we take total B/D Hours for the formula from MCJB Report we are getting output for total b/d hours .but its difficult for me to find wher the data is getting stored to calculate for the formulae.

Can any body show more light or possible suggestions for calculating MTBF or can we derive the formulae from MTBR.

REGARDS,

SATISH.

View Entire Topic
Former Member

Hi Satish,

What I understand is if MTBF=total uptime / no of breakdowns, then its is equivalent to MTBR.

So u can take MTBF =MTBR in SAP (T code MCJB /MCI7)

Regards,

Ebin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,ebin

MTBF and MTBR Formulae is not same.pls see MTBF Formulae used by my client in my post and compare with MTBR std formulae.

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

As per ur formula MTBF = total no of machines(total available hours-total B/D Hours)/total number of B/D 's.

Total number of breakdowns /total avaialble hours / total down time  for ur client means sum of no of breakdown of all equipments available/ total available hours of all equipments /total down time of all equipments?

If thats the case the formula looks strange.U cant derive it from MTBR of SAP.U need to go for development.

regards,

ebin