cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. Changing batch levels from lower to higher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I am clear with Batch levels, client ,plant and material levels, In what situation I can change the Batch level from Client level to Plant level and Plant level to material level and material level to Plant level and materila level to client level, If I do so what are problems willl occured. Pls explain

Thanks

Rajakumar.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plant ---> Material Allowed, only if batch exists in one plant location per batch. Will provide report of conflicts

Plant ---> Client Not Allowed, Must have no stock or batch records in system to do

Material --> Plant - Allowed

Material --> Client - Not allowed, Must have no stock or batch records in system to do

Client --> Material Allowed

Client ---> Plant Not Allowed - Convert to material level first. Then to plant level

I haven't actually done or tried every one of these personnelly allthough I have done a few of them.

I believe the above is correct. I could be wrong on one or two though. As always, test in a sandbox. This is big change and can be very difficult to recover from. So make sure you are totally comfortable with what you want to do and how it will change your business processes.

FF

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check OSS Note 891902 - FAQ: Batch level and Note 41715 - Resetting batch level from material to plant level

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I am clear with Batch levels, client ,plant and material levels, In what situation I can change the Batch level from Client level to Plant level and Plant level to material level and material level to Plant level and materila level to client level, If I do so what are problems willl occured. Pls explain

- you can change only from lower level to higher level and you cant change from higher level to lower level. Material is the highest level and client is the lowest level.

for example, You are using batch @ client level and a batch "12345" is unique at client level. i,e you cant have this batch number for multiple materials or in diferent plant. "12345" can be used only once in the client. in this case, you have scenario you want have the same batch number "12345" for material level. i.e you can have a batch "12345" for material A and material B. even though both have same number both are different and it's specific to materia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this SAP link where they clearly explained what are possible options to change the batch with examples and the impact.

[Batch level|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/25/2838714f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/content.htm]