cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg batch determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a requirement that if a particular qty of a batch is determined for a process order that batch qty should not be determined for other process order component and the remaining qty can be available for batch determination

How to achieve this are there any enhancements to do this

Thanks in advance

Regards

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member311826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Can you please throw more light on you reqm. You statement "the remaining qty can be available for batch determination" is contradicting with previous "a particular qty of a batch is determined for a process order that batch qty should not be determined for other process order component"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

First of all let me thank you for your immediate response, here the requirement is we are issuing material using MM route where in MBC1 we assign the condition record etc. For a component with available qty of 100 kgs and batch 001 let us say already there is a reservation for 25 kgs, so for the next requirement which is of 100 kgs system should determine only 75 kgs as available for batch 001, and remaining 25 kgs from next batch as per FiFO. All the settings for FIFO are done, at the time when second requirement has come for batch 001 these 25 kgs for first reservation is only determined and not consumed.

Thanks in advance

Regards

venkat

former_member311826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Sorry i might be bit slow in understanding the issue, Do you mean that the you are not doing any batch determination & you want the this 25 kg requirement should get reserve for the batch 001 of 100 kg. And for the next time when you do the ATP for the same component only 75 Kg should be shown as available ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gautam,

Thanks for your response, for the first time i do the batch determination system determines batch 001 with qty 25 kgs, but the batch is not yet consumed so when the second requirement comes for 100 kgs systemshould determine 75 kgs of batch 001 and 25 kgs from next batch i.e since these 25 kgs are alreay determined these should not be considered as available

Any enhancement is there to do this

Thanks in advance

Regards

venkat

former_member311826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Thanks For clarifying my doubt as I suspected this is more of ATP issue than Batch Determination. You check which ATP rule you are using at the type of creation Order. Say PP checking rule. Then go to OPJJ select 02 & PP, there Incl.depen.reservat shoukd be X - Include all reservations.

Also tick Include Reservation.

I hope this will resolve you issue. If not then come back with

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Is there a reason to use MM batch determination at the time of production order instead of pp batch determination?

Also I think, this is a standard system behavior. You cannot hard allocate batches to orders.

when batch determination is done, automaticaly ATP is carried out and this can re shuffle the previous allocations.

can you please update your findings in this thread for our benefit as I am also interested in this or can wait for other forum experts opinion too

vasudevap_pushpalas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please Follow this

Menu Path Enterprise Structure> Logistics General> Batch Management --> Batch Determination & Batch Check --> Define Production Order Strategy Types (T.code OPLE)

. check whether you have maintained the following:

1. Creation of characteristics

2.Creation of class

3.Maintain condition table (OPLB)

4.Maintain access sequence

5.Maintain sort rule (CU70)

6.Define batch search strategy

7.Assisgn search strategy to search procedure

with regards

pushpalas

Edited by: pushpalas on Oct 19, 2011 6:45 AM

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, I think the question is how to hard allocate the batches to components after determination is done, not the procedure to do batch determination..

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat, when are you determining the batches?

order creation or release or confirmation?

in other words are u doing PP batch determination or MM batch determination?