cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg - 311 mvmt type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Value string WA04 assigned for movement type 311 (Transfer posting from sloc - sloc within a plant) has the posting line GBB VBR in it.

Kindly let me know the business scenario in which that posting line will be affected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally the transfer posting with movement type 311 doesn't generate any accounting document, because 311 is used to transfer the stock between storage location in the same plant. But under the specific scenario the accounting document will be generated, give you a example:

Background is:

• At the end of month, you will update the standard price of material master data for new production cost collector, you will make the new price active on the first date of next month, e.g. 01.01.2009;

• At the same time you will do the stocktaking, during stocktaking the fiscal period must be blocked;

Special case is:

• So you want to transfer the stock from one storage location to another, you have to change the posting date to next fiscal period, that's 01.01.2009, as thus, due to the standard price is different between Dec. 2008 and Jan. 2009, so after posting the material document of movement type 311, system will generate the accounting document to book the stock value difference in SAP system.

That's it, because this is very very special case, maybe you couldn't find the accounting document during the daily work!

Hope you understand

Good day

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your explanation, But u have not told me when a posting to a consumption account (GBB VBR) would take place for that movement type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only posting date is not the current date, e.g. use movement type 311 to back post on previous date in last month, and the standard price was different between previous and current month!

Good day

Tao

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

EXAMPLE: SUppose you store all the different type or variety of the COTTON at the different storage location, so that there shd not be any mix-ups....

SO, now if you want to make the production at other storage location, then you just make the transfers between the storage location with in a plant to locate the mateiral on time...

So, when you post such transactions, then accounting entries are hit as per transaction/ and account given in the OMWN tcode...

SO here for your MVT type 311, your GBB and VBR account is hit...

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Considering the materials with split valuation when there is a transfer between two storage locations the stock account's are hit thats fine,Could you pls tell me under which scenario the offsetting entry for stock posting GBB VBR is hit,

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

GBB is used for the Offsetting enteries...Now VBR is used for internal goods issue...

Now when we think logically, the ofsetting entry for the inventory posting can be done for every case then it may be with account assignment, without account asignments...Now if you want that for the account assignments like cost centre, profit centre or for any other acc. assignment you want to post to the different account....then in that case you use the extended functionality ie. of using the "ACCOUNT MODIFS"...and then use the VBR may be for cost centre postings for offsetting entries for the inventory postings...

I hope now the issue is clear..

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will use 201 movmt type for the above case if i have to issue a material for a cost object from the stock,

311 is a transfer from sloc to sloc with in a plant i.e from stock to stock ,in that case tell me where the account assignment comes into picture.