cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Posting Next Execution date issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

One of our client has come across deviation in the 'Next Execution date' in Recurring postings.

The Recurring Postings is set to Frequency =Monthly and set on 30th of every month. There is also Valid Until date mentioned which is given as

But the problem shown is in the Next Execution date which by default will take the same day as set in  Frequency -'On Date' while creating a Recurring Postings.Whenever we change the On date , the Next Execution date changes automatically to the same date. Example if 'On Date' is change from 26th to 27,the Next Execution Date will change from 26.06.14 to 27.06.14. It acts the same in vice-verse.

But in this case the "Next Execution date" is shown as 27.06.14 which should have been 30.06.14(set on date is 30th) otherwise. (Please find the screenshot).

This issue has also occurred for few other Recurring postings as well .

Can there be any reason for this issue to occur.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Regards,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath...

What is the version and Pl you are using..

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The version is SAP Business one 8.82 PL.11.

Regards,

Bharath

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is working fine in SAP 9, check does the user change the date..

Regards,

Kennedy

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is an application error. Please refer SAP note:

1717245 - Valid Until , Recurrence Date or Recurrence Period field
update in Recurring Transaction T...

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It works fine even in 8.82 PL11 in normal circumstance .

Even when user tries to change the Next Execution date it will automatically effect the On Day. i.e. both On Day and Next Execution Date are linked mutually, if any one of them is change the other gets changed accordingly and both value will be same.

The issue i pointed was specific case that had come up which cannot be replicated in normal entry.

The issue had occurred few times though not regular.

I am not sure if there is any other logic in Next Execution date calculation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bharath

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barath...

If they want to change then the user should change the on day only it will automatic change the next execution date..Not the other way...

hope understand

Regards,

Kennedy

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note:

1564540 - Recurring Transactions - Changing the Next Execution
Date

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The Note 1564540 - Recurring Transactions - Changing the Next Execution Date

talks about changing the Next Execution date while executing the "Confirmation of Recurring Transactions".

The issue i have pointed is something different. The Next Execution date has captured wrong date automatically. By standard SAP function in Recurring postings when Frequency is selected as Monthly Mode the Next execution date will be automatically capturing same as the 'On Day' entered in the recurring postings .

Example if On Day is entered as 25  then the Next Execution date by standard process will be automatically capturing as "25.06.14' assuming this month as May(05). Also even if we try to change On day to some other value, it automatically captures it in Next Execution Date. This process can be vice-verse as well.

The error i have pointed is when 'On Day' is entered as 30 then the Next Execution date is automatically captured as '27.06.14' INSTEAD OF  '30.06.14' considering the fact that this month is May(05).

I was not able to figure out how SAP arrived at '27.06.14'. Also this issue has taken place in couple of other recurring postings as well.

The issue cannot be replicated since in normal circumstance the dates are captured same as On Day mentioned in Recurring postings.

Regards,

Bharath