Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record overwritten in Additional action infotype 0302

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the config in T529A and checked U0000 and U0302 for all actions.

Now when I am creating actions on the same day, for some actions new record is being created in 0302,

and for some actions, old record is being overwritten in 0302.

I am not sure why, which config i need to understand because ideally if both U0000 and U0302 are checked then new entry has to be created in IT0302.

Please help me understand this logic.

Regards,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christine_morin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

The cause of your problem is, that you might have customized for the most action types in table 'T529A' the status fields (User-def., Employment and Spec.pymt.). So if you create two actions on the same start date (BEGDA) and these two actions have entries in the status fields of the table 'T529A' the infotype 0 or 302-record of the first action will be deleted as you have described.

The status fields for an action in table 'T529A' should only have values if these values are important (for the actions New Hire, Reentry into company, Termination). So if you delete the entries of the status fields for one of the two actions the infotype 0 or 302-record of the first record won´t be deleted and the system will work as you expect. Till now it is not possible to save two actions with entries in the status fields on the same start date in infotype 0 or 302.

So just try to remove the values in these fields for the actions and check again.

Kind Regards

Christine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is a value in STAT2 and U0302 is checked than last record will be overwritten in IT0302 else a new one will be created in IT0302 .

christine_morin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Have you set parameter ADMIN EVSUP to 1 in table T77S0? The cause of your problem might be that you have customized for the most action types in table T529A, the status fields. So if you create 2 actions on the same start date (BEGDA) and these 2 actions have entries in the status fields of table T529A, the infotype 0000-record of the first action will be deleted. The status fields for an action in T529A should only have values if these are important (for the actions New Hire, Re-entry in the company, Termination). So if you delete the entries of the status fields for one of the 2 actions, the infotype 0000 record of the first record won't be deleted.

Infotype 0000 can contain only one event on the SAME DATE which CHANGES the status.

Please see the documentation for infotype 0302 which indicates:

"You can store several actions for an employee on one day. But only one is stored in infotype 0000, the rest is stored in infotype 0302. If you set up the actions WITH priorities, obviously the action with the highest priority is stored in IT 0000. If you do NOT specify priorities then the sequence of the table T529A is followed."

In customizing you determine which personnel action per day is stored in I0000 if you perform an additional action for the employee on the same day. As a rule, use Actions infotype for personnel actions that change the employees status (such as Leaving) which causes the employee's status to be changed from 'active' to 'left company'. In the Additional Actions infotype, only action types and reasons are stored. This infotype does not log the data records created when performing a personnel action.

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards

Christine

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Christine.

The fields P0000 and P0302 in T529A are checked i.e. 'X' for all ACTION types.

And the issue is that for some actions, new record is created in infotype 0302

and for some actions old record(created on the same day) of infotype 0302 is getting overwritten.

Why this is happening.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu,

Remember one thing-- if your new action(ACT-2) is status changing i.e, where Emp status -3,2,1 or 0 is mentioned in actions, then this action will override the previous action(ACT-1 and ACT-1 is also status 3,2,1,0 in STAT2) when performed on the same day and no U0302 will be stored.

Do one thing in the Action config remove the STAT2 field as blank(remove 3 or 0 or 2) for ACT-2 and it will always appear in U0302