cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalculating depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Posting periods in weeks. one quareter is divided in 3 periods of 4, 4, and 5 weeks so the dpreciation is also calculated in the same proportion and posted in books.

we recently changed our second quarter periods to 5, 3, 5 weeks that means the depreciation proportion to need be chnaged.

What I see is that inspite of this change the Planned depreciation is still showing in the same old proportion of 4:4:5 =13 which should now change to 5:3:5=13 .

Where should I see, the period control 01 assigned to Fiscal year.

Where could be the issue.

VK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for watching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have to tried AFAR to recalculate the depreciation for your asset?

Thanks,

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you run OA84 (generate period control)? This will fix the problem for you.

Thanks

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paul,

I regenerated the Period Control, it shows all but does not show 01. I created period control in OAVH but still when I generate period control, it does not generate for 01.

Any reason?

Regards

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

OA84 has not helped me. I assigned period weightage through OA85 and it chnaged the weightage of the depreciation for all the assets except a few.

I see another problem, for the assets with the NBV lower than a month of depreciation the depreication has stopped calculatiing. There is no minimum cut off value Key assigned to the Depreciation key.

As per the business, the remaining amount should be charged next month but I do not see any planned Dep value this year.

Example. Asset A has APC 50000, Acc Dep till this period 49500 (including this month dep INR 2300), the next month it should charge INR 500 but year end it shows NBV of 500.

This is happening with more than 10 assets. Any clue where I am missing?

Best Regards

VK