Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Real) Actual Costs & Network Activity Confirmation

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my current project, we have those requirements:

1. Network Activities needs to drive planned costs, so they will be costing relevant and will have activity type
  2. Network Activity confirmation should both confirm work progress (hours) and actual costs (dollars)
  3. However, the actual costs (Real) needs to be different than the standard Time x Rate calculation SAP does during the CN25 transaction.

You see, the standard rate inside the activity types will be an average rate of the role performing this activity. The time sheet system however, will have the exact rate & value of the work performed by the employee.We've found that we can confirm the (Real) Actual Costs using CO transaction like KB21N, but this does not update the work progress (hours) like during the CN25 confirmation.

What would be the best approach to solve this requirement ?

Thanks,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, I'll have the actual rates / costs in an external system. I don't want to maintain any (HR) data in SAP. I want to input 8h of efforts & 1115 $ of activity costs directly and get the confirmation done in one step.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Just adding some additional content. CATS is definitely the right tool.

If your employees are third party providers, you will have the price from the PO.

If you have internal employees the actual price can be calculated at month-end.

I suspect you have no intention to use the real actual price, but something like a price-list with political prices. Even though SAP supports a manual price entry the best practice is to reduce the user input to the minimum, so you better will need to maintain that on KP26 and map accordingly in the IT0315.

Regards,

Paulo

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is screaming for CATS timesheets. The user charging hours against the NWA will book the costs at their rate and the hours will be confirmed as well.

marc_laberge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

But will this require us to have personal ID and rates in SAP or can I input the dollars manually / by BAPI ? Will explore thanks.

Marc