cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PO User Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM Expert,

Need your suggestion..i want to put control to my user whereby if the user select specific PO doc type or Purchasing group, system will default its equivalent value..

Eg. PO Doc Type is ZNXX, ZNYY

Purch.Group ,XX, YY

If user select PO order type ZNXX, system will automatically default XX as purchasign group and vice versa...

Thanks in advance..

She

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use BADi for your requirement of Populating the data,.

The Business Add-In (BAdI) ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST enables you to extend the business logic of the Enjoy purchase order on an individual basis.

You can thus influence the dialog transactions ME21N, ME22N, ME23N, and ME29N, and the BAPIs BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and BAPI_PO_CHANGE.

Typical applications for this BAdI include:

Processing of own objects

Processing of additional data on standard objects

Implementation of additional checks and derivations

Change of data in standard fields

Change in field selection

With its methods, the BAdI covers the complete transaction cycle for purchase orders. You can thus intervene with your own implementation in each step of the processing

Use the Method PROCESS_HEADER for yout requiremnt maintain the Logic of Defulating the Purcahse group based on document type

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for the reply, i want to explore the BADI as u suggest and consider me newbie on this matter.

Any 1st step to do to proceed further with your suggestion will be greatly appreaciated.. Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

She

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Got SE19 Enter the The BADI & create a new Implementation with ZXXXX,

In the implementation, Click on the Method Process_Header & write ABAP code as per the required Logic

You need to have knowledge of ABAP OO Programming to Complete the Solution.

Goto SE18 & Check the Sample Code for the BADI

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

Million Thanks...i tried to follow the step suggested below but got confuse on the screen in the se19..

Sorry to ask, perhaps a detail steps is need for a newbie like me...

This is what i have tried ...tcode: SE19

Select Create Implementation Tab and select RadioButton New Badi - enter ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST

Then am not sure on the next screen...

Rgds,

She

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. In the SAP Easy Access menu, choose Tools ® ABAP Workbench ® Utilities ® Business Add-Ins ® Implementation.

2. Under Create Implementation, choose the option Classic BAdI.

3. Enter BADI as the name of the BAdI.

4. Choose Create Implementation.

5. Enter a name for the implementation (in the example: ZXX_XX_XXXXX).

6. Enter a short description.

7. Choose the Interface tab page.

8. Enter a name for the implementing class and copy the proposal from the system

9. Save your implementation.

10. Double-click the method

11. Copy the coding in the example.

12. Activate the implementing ABAP class

13. Activate the implementation

Use these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/5e/ebb541c5b63031e10000000a155106/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b2/873842134bad04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/5f/103a4280da9923e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Edited by: Kishore Kumar Chiluka on Aug 13, 2008 12:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the authorization for the Tcode "SU01" you can set the some fields as defaults for user in the transaction ME21N

Thanks & Regards

Anilkumar Dalai