cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CCMS is pre-configured monitoring tool in SAP R/3 or we need to configure CCMS separetely after installation of SAP R/3.

Please give more information about monitoring sap.

vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CCMS is monitoring tool where you need to setup the values according to your system scenario, these values will be created or modified in MTE and activate them so the CCMS agents trigger alert when the value fall in warning or danger zone value.

You didnot mention the SAP version of R/3

visit the below market place page for information.

service.sap.com/instguides > Instguides > mySAP Business Suite > ERP 2004 > Netweaver components > Release 04 > Operations > Monitoring Setup Guide for <Stack >

Regards...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sita,

I been confused with SAP ERP and SAP Netweaver because there are hell lot of components and tools.

So, please give some basic idea from bottom. It will be helpfull to me.

I would like to know about the Major configuration's after installation SAP ERP.

Please help me out.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

can you please put down your SAP version into which you wanted to configure CCMS.

Regards......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CCMS version as SAP 4.7.

I been confused with the SAP R/3 installation activities. i don't have access to service.sap.com

so, please help me out with brief

Pre-requistes of Installation

Installation Activities

Post Installation activities including All the major configuration's

Atleast give me headings of configuration, so i can search in google for more information.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the link for monitoring setup guide, the activities will be same for ABAP system an dfollow them

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2568c4fb-0701-0010-7a9d-c2223e33cebd]

Installation steps gude for debian server(if no exp. in Unix commnads just follow the inputs given during CI DB in sap installation assistant)

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4b5f23d3-0901-0010-19b6-d2e98d5586fb]

It was hard to give you steps abt installation and post-installation of 4.7EE

Installation of 4.7 on windows(these are basic steps, but without installation doc with you it will be hard to execute)

1. Check for enough space and RAM size, set the swap size as 2 to 3 times RAM

2. install java

3. Set the environmetal varieble of java, JAVA_HOME and path of java folde in program files.

4. Check that there is proper network connectivity available.

5. Install the Database and later the patches.

6. stop and start the server once and make sure the DB services are running

7. Start your CI installation and DB installation.(you should have guide to follow the sequence of steps and inputs need to be given here)

8. once installation complete do post installation steps as below

execute SICK transaction to check the installation has completed without error

Starting and Stopping the SAP System

Logging On to the SAP System

Checking the SAP System Services

Installing the SAP License

Initial System Conguration (calling the profiles from OS level).

Conguring the Transport Management System

Applying the Latest Kernel and Support Packages

schedule standard background jobs

Performing the Client Copy

these are main followup activities.

Regards............

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you can work with the CCMS, it must be configured set up correctly for your environment.

How you initially configure the CCMS largely determines the consistency and accuracy of its functioning.

Set up the CCMS in the following steps:

1. Maintain R/3 profiles. Normally, you import the profiles of all active servers after installation(Tcode : RZ10).They are then automatically saved to the database and activated.

2. Define at least one operation mode(Tcode : RZ04).

3. Generate instance definitions for the instances created during R/3 System installation(Tcode : RZ04)

If necessary, assign instance definitions to operation modes and adapt the work process distribution.

4. Define the timetable for normal operation for a full 24-hour cycle(Tcode : SM63)

If operation modes, instances, or timetable are not correctly defined, the CCMS may display incorrect data.

Thanks,

Nitesh Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for your reply.

what is CCMS Agent and CEN in configuring CCMS?

So, if i install SAP R/3 ECC6 then steps i need to do for configuring CCMS.

Am bit confused or i need to install CEN, operation modes, profile maintenance etc

please help me out.

regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The CCMS Monitoring Architecture is implemented in NetWeaver in the ABAP kernel and in the ABAP Basis layer, so the CCMS is available in every ERP system. The CCMS is also implemented in the SAP Java instance, where it is twinned with the JMX instrumentation in Java.

The CCMS Monitoring Architecture in ABAP and Java starts monitoring the local system - each ABAP and Java instance - automatically. No configuration is necessary except to start the CCMS Background Dispatching Job in ABAP. The CCMS displays monitoring data that it collects on the local system. If monitoring data violates a threshold or indicates an error, the CCMS also creates an alert which signals that there is a problem.

Monitoring data and alerts are visible for all ABAP instances in a system without any further configuration in transaction RZ20.

To have Java data shown in the ABAP RZ20 Alert Monitor in any double-stack system below SAP_BASIS 7.10, you will need to install a CCMS agent program for each Java instance, registering the agents at the ABAP system.

The CCMS can optionally also be used to monitor remote systems, the usage case 'CCMS central monitoring system'. In this case, you use CCMS remote monitoring connections and agents to make CCMS data from other systems displayable in a central monitoring system.

The main message is: for the local ABAP, the CCMS starts running with minimal work on your part. Display of monitoring data and alerts from local Java and remote systems can be added with little effort. Since the CCMS is integrated with management functions like Operation modes, and since the CCMS offers features like automatic reaction methods for notifying you of alerts, there is a lot more that you can do with it through additional configuration.

Please see help.sap.com and search for 'CCMS' in the NetWeaver documentation.

Regards, Stephen Pfeiffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to configure CCMS. By default CCMS will come but we have to configure it.

This link may help u!!!

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/72/e670375fbf307ee10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rahul M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is CCMS configuration is like TMS and Client Administration or it will come under installation guide.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i configure CCMS for my Landscape?

I mean for all the R/3 system installed, can i monitor it with one ccms.

regards,

vivek