cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RATE ROUTING - URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know the functions of rate routing. it is used in REM. Why this only used in REM? What is the speciality? In Rate routing wat is the meaning of RATE?

What is the main difference b/w std & Rate?

I already studied all threads abt the rate routing. so don't repeat the same basic answers.

Expecting ur valuable replies............

Regards,

S.ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RATE means the production rate , here the production is time basic only

you have to produce the product / time. so its have some rate to manufacturing the prodects.

in REM itself based on the production rate only.

in this scenerio , we have to plane as per the timing,

here the certain amt oe product should be prodcued per certain time.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ganesh

You read onesecond my previous reply

you cannot find any difference in phisical construction of Routing and rate routing.

Routing TL type is N but for Rate routing it is R

Rate is the Production rate. A routing for whose operations the production quantity and a fixed duration has been defined. Thus the production rate is also defined.

see the workcenter category for Routing is 0001 but for Rate routing is 0007.

In workcenter Formula and Standard values are different and controle key is different for rate routing.

Still your doubt is not clear???

BR

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all ur replies.....

I got few points abt Rate Routing.Still nobody explain what i ask? It may be basic question. What is the meaning of RATE in Rate routing? Where we r maintaining the fixed Qty & Fixed duration? Why we choose Rate Routing for REM.

What are the fields are different from std routing?

Expecting some different answers.....

Message was edited by:

ganesh raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

The rate routing represents the production process of flow and repetitive manufacturing. This includes the information about work centers (segments) within production line.

Rate means production rates...here you have to define how much quantity will be produced within a certain period for example 100 pieces from 1 hour...this will be applicable to entire production line if prodcution line is having different segments like work center within production line. You have to maintain the fixed base quantity at header details if single operation (single production line) or if multiple operations then maintain in operation details.

Technically there is no difference between routing and rate routing..you can routing inplace of rate routing in REM in prod versions. In rem this is used because the rem manufacturing is rate based manufacturing (based on periods planning) means certain quantity will be manufactured witin a certain period.

If any further question then please let me know with rewarding suitable points.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ganesh

Rate routing will have

1. only one operation for scheduling and all other operations will be used only for costing purpose or for information using control Key

2. Rate routing uses work center with category 0007 - Production line. for which the formula and standard values are different compared to normal workcenter - 0001. No setup time wil be used in rate routig.

3. Rate routing is used only in REM as it is quantity based production but in Discrete mfg Order based production (Prodution order)and so the Normal routing is used with Number of operations, all operations are used in scheduling. production order is used for confirmed against order.

Hope this helps

regards

SK

Message was edited by:

S K GANESAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rate Routing

A routing for whose operations are based on the production quantity and a fixed duration.

as its reflect in the REM ( ITS BASED ON PRODUCTION QNTY ONLY)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Ganeshraja,

I hope now you must be able to understand something about rate routing,REM,Line design..

If satisfied reward points.

Regards

Mangal

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Ganesh,

There are 4 different types for carrying out REM.

1.Rate Based -Make to Stock REM.

2.Takt.Based Make to Stock REM.

3.Make to Stock REM-Lead time scheduling & Capacity Planning.

4.make to Order REM.

Kindly check these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/aa/06cae3514611d18a180000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/7e/8fe108c7d611d2b6580000e82d81c3/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/99/6df497cfb111d2b65a0000e82d81c3/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/aa/06cae3514611d18a180000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Rate Routing

Definition

A routing for whose operations the production quantity and a fixed duration has been defined. Thus the production rate is also defined.

Use

Rate routings are used when you plan on a quantity basis, for example in repetitive manufacturing.

Structure

A rate routing has the same structure as a routing. You can assign a rate routing to a material to be produced. It can have parallel sequences.

Processing the Rate Routing

Purpose

In this process, you create a rate routing. Rate routings are routings which enable you to reproduce the complex production processes of flow and repetitive manufacturing.

If you work with the line hierarchy without a line balance, you do not necessarily require a rate routing. You can enter the production rates for the takt time/rate-based scheduling in the line hierarchy. The system then uses only these production rates for planning in Sequencing. You need a rate routing if you want to create a standard cost estimate for a material, for example.

I'm sure after reading those link's you will be able to decide where to use these rates.Also Check with t code LDB1-Create Line Hierarchy.

<b>If useful reward points</b>

Regards

Mangal