cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate routing problem...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am facing one problem.When am creating rate routing , in operation overview screen I am unable to display my activities i.e., setup , machine,teardown,

system is taking activties from standard value key of work center eventhough i have given my activities in costing screen of work center.

I am using same activities for routing also and system is displaying that correctly.

Please help me to solve this.

Please tell the main difference between routing and rate routing also.

regards,

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The main difference between routing and rate routing is you can not create parallel sequence in rate routing CA21.

For activity display please check setting of work center CR02 in basic data tap stndard value key there is option for Rule for standard value maintenance.

Please note The value of the standard value that you define in Customizing and use in work center will by default copyed to routing. If in standard value key if you maintain the Teardown as activity then you will get it in routing opertion details.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Nov 20, 2008 12:29 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If u r using rate routing you have to create special work center using following data

1. Usage 007(only rate routing)

2.Maintain std. value which contain all activity that u require to workcenter.

3.set up and processing formula SAPR01 and SAPR02 Resp.

4. Enter cost center

Now use this work center in to routing. i think this will help you. Revert back with query if problem will not get solve

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes friends, you cleared my concept about routing and rate routing.

But can we use same same activities for different standard value keys?

or else I have to difine different activities for different standard value keys in T-Code KL01?

PLEASE REPLY

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes you can use the same activities for different standard value keys.

First define parameter in OP7B then assign to standard value key in OP19 doble click on standard value kay you will get the details.

EX setup

machine time

teardown time

Maintain the standard value key in Basic data tap of work center CR01. assign the formula in scheduling and capavity tab. And assin activity type to cost center and formaula in costing tab of work center.

So you can create activity in KL01. define prize in KP06 and assigment to cost center in KP26.

The main difference between routing and rate routing is you can not create parallel sequence in rate routing CA21 only noting else.

Hope it will clear your all doubt.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Nov 20, 2008 3:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can use same standard value key .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ....

You can assign any activity to any std value key or you can new one in kl01.

Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ....

You can assign any activity to any std value key or you can new one in kl01.

Regards

Atul

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

1.Internally structure wise & program wise Routing and rate routing are same and routings are generally

used in discrete scenario and Rate routing 's are used in REM scenario.

2.This will be more helpful while differentiating the products in a company where both Discrete & Rem

scenario's are used.

3.Whatever the activities that are assigned in the standard value key of the work center,the same will be

displayed in the routing/rate routing screen once if the work center is assigned for performing an

operation and it's left to you to define some value or not.

4. I hope you are clear with the answers given for your previous thread"in REM process planned order's.."

So if you are satisfied means please close the thread as answered after rewarding points.

Check & revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls find difference between Routing & Rate Routing :

Routing

Definition

Routings are used directly in production orders for a material.

Use

A routing can be used without restrictions. Some functions from other task list types such as rate routings and inspection plans are also available in routings.

Structure

As well as a standard sequence a routing can also have parallel and alternative sequences. You can assign a routing to a material to be produced.

Integration

You can include reference operation sets in a routing as often as you like and in any order to reduce the amount of input.

Rate Routing

Definition

A routing for whose operations the production quantity and a fixed duration has been defined. Thus the production rate is also defined.

Use

Rate routings are used when you plan on a quantity basis, for example in repetitive manufacturing i.e in rate based production as the name indicates Rate Routing.

Structure

A rate routing has the same structure as a routing. You can assign a rate routing to a material to be produced. It can have parallel sequences.

Integration

You can include reference rate routings in a rate routing as often as you like and in any order to reduce the amount of input.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tejas

Edited by: Tejas Pujara on Nov 20, 2008 8:00 AM