Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising PO for services(manpower)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i have few questions about raising po for manpower for services for our org

a) to raise a po you need to enter the cost or price material in our case this is going to change (ie if some consultants working less or more (ot) ) in that case what is the best way to deal with the invoice or raising PO (for ex raisse a po with guess amount and when you recieve the invoice do raise cm or any thing else)

b) can i raise the PO coz we have recieved some inovices from vendors already i need to raise a PO based on invoice and how ?

c) any body has got best ex of how to deakl with pos llike charging for services (consultatns work for us)

Thank you

ash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashok,

a) The manpower services mapping to your businesses are as follows. First create service code in AC01 are

1) Manpower Services - HR (Hours)

2) Manpower Services - MON (Month)

3) Manpower Services - TRP (Trip)

After creating the service code, you will create service PO with approximate qty & freezed rate for the above services and then receive vendor invoice, you make service entry sheet for vendor invoice.

b) Based on Vendor received invoice service code created (if service code not found) and then create PO. After PO released, you can do service entry sheet.

c) Based on consultant service invoice references, we have to create service code and then PO created for the particular consultant to all different service with UOM , then if invoice come from consultant and we are doing service entry sheet for consultant invoice accordingly.

Hope, it is useful for you.

Regards,

K.Rajendran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create service PO with item category D , on the limit tab either select no limit or provide appox overall limit and expected value

On service line mention service Consultant services for eg. 15 Hours rate 12 /Hour after gross price column there is one more column

Overfulfillment Tolerance Percentage by which the stipulated quantity may be exceeded you can mention appox 50%

Now when you post ML81N with ref to this PO it will be treated as unplanned service and system will allow you to edit quantity and or

price during service entry, when you post service entry system will create GR document in background which is updated with PO

history , IV can be posted with ref.to PO and the PO can be GR based IV

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Diwakar

as per your description iam trying to create po its asking for service number so shall i need to create service numbers or how do i get this ( creatin service master record of service regularily used by us) some times invoices are produced with various descrtiption and item lines (junior,seniorconsultany,upgrage fee,lice fee ) how does it works with this scenario and pls send any a-z examples if you have

Thank you

ash

Edited by: ashok sriramoju on May 19, 2011 1:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a)Raise PO with the limit value ( blanket PO ) with the service code or service description , & consume the PO Value as per the actual services performed at the time of service entry sheet .

b)If you have invoices then you can raise the PO as per the actual value & quantity of the Invoice ,Process the same.

c) Best process what i can suggest is same as mentioned in point "a".

Regards

Mascot

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish

in regards to above answer we have projects with accurals for next year and we create po with max value (blanket po) but when we receive the invoice from vendor (monthly) it does mention how many consultants how many hours used (invoice has got lines as diff consultant) some times its flat charge for that month in this if we created a po with 1 EA and maximum amount and it makes hard to GR process if you GR its just one EA and its hard for RTP team to post IR inv description does't match with po item how to over come these situations

any solutions with stand process

Thank you

ashok