cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota Generation in time valuation and without time evaluation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap Gurus,

Can you please  clear my concept of "Permit Quota Generation without time evaluation"and"Permit quota generation in time evaluation"..Though both the img tables are same where we give the selection of which type pf generation needs to be selected but still wanted to what is the difference between the two...What does this two refer to?Tried reading the sap help documentation but did not get any valuable input ....First of all i am so confused as to how many methods are there to generate time quota?AS far as i remember it is just two right 1)Manual Quota generation and 2)Automatic quota generation..RIGHT?or do we have anything else than this.....the examples used in sap help doc cant be understood by me....please guide me..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeya,

As you said, both those nodes leads to the same table that is  "V_556A_B"

But here the only difference is the method of Time evaluation.

As per your understanding the Quota generation is of  2 types as followed, you are correct.

1) Manual Quota generation     =  Permit Quota Generation without time evaluation.

2) Automatic quota generation  =  Permit quota generation in time evaluation.

So there is no confusion,

If you select Permit Quota Generation without time evaluation it will allow you to run the program RPTQTA00 @ T-Code: "SE30" and you can generate Quotas manually as many as you want to allot.

If you select Permit quota generation in time evaluation the system will automatically counts the employee attendance and accordingly it will generate the quota (Leave).

Hope this will make you understand about this concept.

With warm regards,

Srikanth Naidu. Akula

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

You put so much of effort to present you post.

Good,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Thanks for your appreciation, and I believe in 100% reach of communication, mean to say if an SAP starter goes through this tag this must reach him and could give some inputs, After all I am also a learner still.

With warm regards

Srikanth Naidu. Akula

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Permit Quota Generation without in evaluation : Here, you need to maintain those quotas, which are to be accrued automatically and hence you need to chose "increase" for the same.

Permit Quota Generation without time evaluation : In this, u need to select those quotas which are getiing generated through RPTQTA method and can not accrued automatically. Hence, you need to to select : "No generation"

As per my knolwedge what I can tell you, U can use either of both tables to meet your requirement.

But both the table come in picture only when if few quota types are generated through Time evaluation and few through RPTQTA.

So ideally we go for Permit Quota Generation without time evaluation for RPTQTA and Permit Quota Generation in time evaluation for time evaluation

NOTE: Its not mandatory to maintain both tables, maintainance of only one table can fullfill your requirement.

Correction appreciated.

Priya

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friend!

I have found a really good document about Absence Quota.

Please read it below:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3061

You will have deeply knowledge about Quota. Thanks to this document, now I am almost clear about Quota in HCM.

Hope you can control it soon.

Best regards!

Woody.