cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota Arrangement S4HANA and Contracts

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am facing an issue or maybe it is not an issue and the functionality is not provided by SAP S/4HANA.

I have vendor A with contract and vendor B with info record. Now I also maintain a quota arrangement with MEQ1 for the respective material.

When the MRP run is creating the PR, the requisition does have the right vendor according to the quota, but it does not have the contract / or info record (depending on which supplier was chosen due to the quota).

I have to manually click on "assign source of supply" in the PR and then the contract or info record is populated.

I think the system should automatically assign also the contract or info record, right? If yes, any idea what I might be missing?

fyi: remember, in S4HANA determination logic there is no source list required anymore.

Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, MRP should be able to create a purchase requisition with reference to the contract.

Firstly, I would suggest you to run both MRP Live and Classic MRP and compare the results. If the issue only happens in MRP Live, I would suggest you to check if the following notes are implemented on your system:

2790734 - MD01n: MRP Live does not create scheduling agreement delivery schedule lines 2497368 - Contract not found as Source of Supply in MRP live

If the issue happens for both MRP Live and Classic MRP, for some reason the contract is not considered as a valid source of supply by MRP. Usually, the problem happens because of the contract validity date. Remember that MRP checks the validity on the shortage date, not on the requisition date. Some times MRP generates a new requisition for a requirement in the past, which means your shortage date would also be in the past, so make sure your contract is valid on the shortage date as well.

Regards,
Caetano

0 Kudos

Hello All,

If the materials are planned in embedded PPDS (ePPDS) in S/4Hana MRP Type X0, how does the quota arrangement scenario work. Does the quota arrangement maintained in S/4 CIF to ePPDS or we have to maintain the quota in ePPDS separately.

S/4 always plans materials have quota arrangement automatically.

But not sure how is it planned in ePPDS.

Regards,

Vimal

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Vimal

Your question is completely different than the original question posted in this thread. Please open a separated thread, to avoid mixing up subjects.

Regards,
Caetano

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is explained in OSS note 2614920 based on what priority MRP selects the source of supply in S/4 HANA