Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Reminder" for Delivery Date

former_member594505
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello:

In SAP Business One for SQL, is there a means of creating a "reminder" to alert someone in distribution that sales orders are coming up for delivery to customers?

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John - if you are new to this, there are a few little details which I do not see covered in the presentation.

IF you have an entry of "AlertSvc" (or something like that) make sure you have that checkmarked. It ensures that the Alert Message is handled properly.

IF you select the Frequency of a User-Defined Alert Message, try to set the time for when someone will be on SAP B1. I usually set mine around 10:00AM EST.

There is a limit as to how much can be displayed in an Alert Message. I know a lot can be in an Alert Message, but there is a limit, but I cannot remember how much. Tried to find an old SAP B1 Forum Thread, but cannot find it.

Be very careful with the "Save History" checkbox - if an Alert Message is being sent every hour it can lead to the Inbox of the User being filled up with multiple occurances, and you will start getting complaints. I hardly every use Save History (unless the Users are into identifying certain trends: i.e., how many times Sales Orders went over the Credit Limit during the month, late AP Payments during the month, etc.).

To ensure all is going well, include yourself in the Distribution of the Alert Message for a few weeks and then remove yourself from the Distribution.

And lastly, be very very certain as to how often the End Users want the Alert Messages kicked off. Sometimes they want it every minute, thinking they are getting the most recent data. Two points: this might affect system peformance (everything needs resources), and the Users usually get tired of their Inbox popping up every minute. Make certain they are realistic about it.

Best of wishes for your Alert messages - they can be absoultey beneficial if used in the correct manner.

Regards, Zal

former_member594505
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

I apologize, but I'm fairly new to SAP Business One. Would it be possible to send me some "beginning steps" to get me started on learning how to create this sort of an automated alert through the Alerts Management piece of Administration?

Thank you! This would be very much appreciated!

John

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes possible to send an alert users using Alert Management under Administration.

Regards,

Nagarajan

dinesh-pn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Try this below Query

SELECT T0.DocNum from ORDR T0

WHERE (CONVERT(VARCHAR(50), Dateadd(dd,-2,T0.[DocDueDate]) ,103) ) = CONVERT(VARCHAR(50), getdate() ,103)

AND T0.DocStatus = 'O'

This query will alert 2 days before the delivery, change the days in the query as per your requirement.

Thanks