cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Billing Plan Type" configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I notice one can specify Billing Plan type both at "Item category" level as-well-as in "sales document type" configuration

what the diff. / point of setting it at 2 different locations..? which one takes precedence incase of mis-match

Thanks,

/V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think, you will be able to create a Contract if there is a contradict settings in configuration.  In some Business cases, we dont assign Billing Plan Type at header level but will assign to item category where based on different item category flowing in contract, billing plan type data should flow.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you know the Billling plan date from the header will copy to Billing Plan dates ofo individual item as per standard Header and Item relation

Just considering the example of Milestone Billing plan set at both Header and item

In case of Billing Plan , SAP has provided more flexibility. Generally the Billing Plan dates determined in the Item level cannot be modified so in order to modify the determined dates at the item ( based on the Billing Plan ) Header Billng plan is used

If you have a Billing Plan at Both header and Item, you can see an additional Chek Box determined in the Billing Plan at the Item which is HEADERBILLING PLAN (check box)

this indicator states, the Billing dates from Header Billing Plan rules will be valid from Item

If you set Different Billing Plan types in Header and item, Item Billing plan will be considered as priority

Hope it is understood

regards,

santosh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vibhor,

Same rule about Header & Item applies here.

I mean BIlling Plan at Header is applicable to all the Items. But you have a option to set separatae Billing Plan at Item Level also for selected Items.

I do not have access to contracts right now, but I believe there is a check box to mark the Header Plan applicable to all the items or not.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

Check below thread.Venkataswamy explained it very well. Not sure, if this helps you or not.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1896553

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/31/feeb47b535d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Let see what other experts say on this.

Regards, Sai Krishna.