cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on indirect valuation in infotype 0008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer requirments in infotype 0008 is bit complex and cannot be handled with the available indirect valuation modules, so I created a new one.

I assigned this custom indirect valuation to the appriopriate wage type and tested it. It worked OK when records in infotype 0008 was created with 'Create'. But for some reason, if an existing record with all the correct information in it is copied, the wage type with the indirect valuation loses the link, i.e. no 'I' come up in the Indirect Valuation column.

I don't think I did anything wrong in the program for the custom indirect valuation.

Anybody has any ideas?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaz,

If it works for Create, but not Copy, suggest you check the validity dates on the T511 table where you assigned the Indirect Valuation Module to the wage type. If the start date of the IT0008 record you are copying is prior to the start date of the assignment, there will be no link. It appears in Create, because the start date is today. Change the start date of the Copy record and the link should appear. This assumes you have done everything else correctly to tie your Indirect Valuation Module to IT0008.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply to the question. It is a false alarm after all and the problem is idenfitifed and is being solved.

Regards.

Edited by: Jaz Sherdill on Jan 28, 2010 4:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaz,

Would you like to share your resolution with us ,as we are facing the same problem.

We have one WT in IT 8 with Indicator 'I' as indirect valuation.

If we create new record for the same WT ,system will give default indicator 'I' as indirect valution for the wagetype.

But if we do copy wagetype ,system is not giving indirect valuation indicator for the wagetype.

Wagetype characteristic has not change and even it has validity for indirect valuation.

Regards,

Pradeep.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to debug your custom implementation of BADI.

It seems it is not working correctly.

Cheers