cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on CATs time confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Have a question on CATs time confirmation.

Lets say we have a WBS Element 1 (company 1, Controlling Area 1, Activity 1 defined for Controlling Area 1) .

We have a personnel master B who works in Company 2, Controlling Area 2 . Can this personnel master B confirm

time in CATs against Activity 1, WBS Element 1. My common scenario is lets say Project initiates in GM US, and I want to use a resource

who works in GM Australia, as resource in GM US is not available for the particular skillset I am looking for.  GM US  and GM Australia  are in different controlling areas.

Thanks,

Sac

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like a strange setup to me. Separate controlling areas suggests completely independant organisations, so you can't cross-charge, but must send invoices.

The setup I'd expect would be: separate company codes withon the same controlling area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sven for the reply. My present client has different controlling areas (One each for a Continent), example One for North America, One for Europe, One for Australia..etc. Anyhow if as you said, if there is one single controlling area with multiple companies under it, and lets say I create a WBS structure/project belonging to company code A. Can a Personnel Master who belongs to company code B, confirm time through CATs for the WBS structure (belonging to company code A)??

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

As far as I know, capturing or approving time is only limited by authorisations. If that is granted, it should work.

The problem would only come up, when the sending cost centre clashes with the receiving object.

This could be in transfer, but might even happen in the check upon capturing, depending on config - but I never tried it, so can't be sure.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Standard SAP allows Cross-company code postings through CATS within same CO Area, but usually that is not allowed by the statutory regulations, since you need to follow up with invoicing flow between two legal entities.  Note that generally speaking two Company codes can belong to the same legal entity in certain system designs.

Within same CO Area you can assign employee temporarily to the Cost Center in Company Code A in the Info type 0315 to reflect a kind of secondmend assignment (assuming he/she is 100% on the project).  Otherwise I would have the person to report time to the WBS in the original company code B, while the project itself can contain WBS-elements from both A and B, etc.  And the cost (with or without margin) can be invoiced or not invoiced independent from this setup.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sven and Paulo for the useful information.

Regards,

Sachin

Answers (0)