cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Print Layout Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query in Query Manager and have assigned a template to it. The problem is that when I start adding other fields to the template, the preview remains blank.

It is like that there is no relationship between the template and the tables from where I pick because the template remains blank (apart from the fields already made available by default).

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

vankri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. So I guess there's no solution for my question, right?

Thanks,

Vankri

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is better by Crystal Report. Don't waste time here. The new version will need CR anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fields which I have in the query such as Document Date, BP Code etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

That might not be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know any other way how I can place some data fields in the header area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What fields are you trying to put on top?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon Du,

I am trying to use formula to display fields outside the Repetitive Area 1, but it is giving me the following error:

Printing Error: Field is not evaluated yet

Any help pls?

Thanks,

Vankri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have forgot to tell you. You may only allow to put it under the Repetitive Area if you try sum or other formula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Gordon Du.

But am I able to place the fields (which are already in the query) in other areas of the template? Or can I only place the fields in Repetitive Area 1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is right. However, you may hide it in the Repetitive Area and use formula to show it somewhere else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have all my requirements in the query which I've created. But I still can't display the results.

Do I have to design the template with 'Database' Fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your first message, you mentioned: The problem is that when I start adding other fields to the template, the preview remains blank. That is not the way query PLD work. Whenever you changed query, you have to recreate PLD. You could not add any database fields to the query other than query result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vankri,

You may misunderstand the concept of Query PLD. There is no way to link any tables in the template. You have to get everything you want in one query only. If it is not available to the query, then it would not be possible to print it out other than a pure Text.

Thanks,

Gordon