cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query FBL3N

Former Member
0 Kudos

FI Experts I am not too familiar with SAP queries, but my Finance dept is in need of a report that provides data from the following fields.

GL Account

Cost Center

Profit Center

Customer #

Customer Name

Document Type

Document #

Amount

I can get 80% of the fields thru report FBL3N except customer # and Customer Name. We have PO that I can drill down to in the line item and I can get name, but the tables I get are structured. I can't use FBL5N because this report although the fields for cost centers and Profit centers are available, they do not get display. You can only get these thru FBL3N.

Does anyone knows which tables I can use for a query report, and if someone can point me to some step by step, or if I need the help of ABAP. I want to avoid an ABAP report for now and want to see if I can it thru a query so I can show the users.

Thank You for your help,

Edited by: Frank on Jun 2, 2009 10:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMG==>Financial Accounting (New)==>Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable==>Customer Accounts==>Line Items==>Display Line Items==>Define Additional Fields for Line Item Display

See if you can add additional fields from here.

Otherwise, you can add additional fields in FBL5N itself. Please check menu path options.

Note that you are on classical GL and on customer and vendor line items you will not have profit center, unless you are on new GL

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use SE36 logical database to identify related tables for specific module. Look up logical database B* for FI tables. I would use BRF or BRM to build the query for the fields you identified.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What type of GL acccount (expense or revenue) would you need?

You may also enhance the FBL?N reports with additional fields. There are notes available to addresss this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an expense account

Thank You

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For an expense account, you may be after the vendor account and name. From the layout of FBL3N, you can bring in the offsetting account. This may reflect the vendor account, Following the menu path Ravi, had given you can add additional field by simple logic.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If it is expense account, you would like to see the off seeting account and its name, the best thing would be

KSB1 - Cost Center line item reporting

You will have good ALV report.

Change the layout and pick up offsetting account and name from hidden fields to visible fields.

Regards,

Ravi