Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality inspection - Inspection planning

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Scenario: matl A is inspected for 3 charecteristics say Char A, B, and C. all these charecteristics are quantitative chars. Matl B is inspected for Char A, B and C.

For matl A - Char A is inspected for 15% to 30 %

For matl B - Char A is inspected for 45% to 60%

pls suggest me some solution hw do i create inspection plan for matl A and Matl B.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not clear from your question, what you mean by 'Char A is inspected for 15% to 30 %'. If it is for sample quantity (within the lot to be inspected) then you can create sampling scheme. Assigne this Sampling scheme to sampling procedure & then assing this sampling procedure to Inspection Plan.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear prashanth,

Thank u for ur reply.

I will make you more clear on this with an example.

Material A is to be inspected for 3 charecteristics.

-chromium % ( lower limit - 15% and upper limit - 30%) ,

-Silicon % ( Low lt-20% & Upp lt 25%),

-Phosporus % ( Low Lt - 80% - Upp lt - 85%).

similarly, for Material B is alsoinspected for the same chrecteristics, but with different values

-chromium % ( lower limit - 85% and upper limit - 90%) ,

-Silicon % ( Low lt-75% & Upp lt 80%),

-Phosporus % ( Low Lt - 20% - Upp lt - 25%).

pls tell me how do i create Master Inspectn charecteristics. and how shall i assign them to the materials...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you have 2 options -

1) Either create 2 different characteristics with different tolerance limits as per your requirement, with other values remaining same. Assign these 2 characteristics to the Inspection plan as per requirement.

2) Create only one inspection characteristics & assign this to two different inspection plan. Unlock the master inspection char. in the inspection plan & then change the upper & lower limit.

You have third option as not to use the MIC, but insert all the inspection values yourself in the inspection plan.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (0)