cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualitative inspection char status being set to 2 instead of 5 after result entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

This is the situation:

We have an inspection plan containg 2 qualitative chars and 3 quantitatives ones.

When entering the results, after pressing enter the quantitative ones have their status automatically set to 5 (processing is completed).

On the other hand, the qualitative ones have their status set to 2 (processed). Then, I have to close them manually by pressing the lock button.

What I want to do is to have the qualitative ones working as the quantitatives ones, I mean, have their status being set to 5 as soon as I enter the result and press enter.

Does anybody there has any clue about where can I start to investigate that ?

I've added an attachment of the record results moment to make it clear.

Regards,

Fernando Luz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the valuation mode used in the sampling procedure you have selected.

The valuation mode should be 400 Valuation according to char.attrib.code.

You also want to make sure the control indicator "fixed scope" is selected for the MCI.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

To be honest ?

All these settings are OK.

Really strange.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues.

Now I got it ... changing the control indicators of the MIC is not enough.

You have also to go to inspection point, select the inspection characteristic over there, press control indicators and update that ALSO in the inspection plan.

Thanks FF,

Fernando Luz

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would assume that depends on the type of your MIC: if it is set to "reference characteristic" this action should not be necessary. Can you check this?

Regards

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.  This is an example of why I like to use reference characteristics instead of copy model.  It may not always be possible of course but it usually can be if your batch managed and use classes.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right Martin.

We have been using the incomplete copy model. Probably this is why the update on the MIC did not update the inspection plan also.

Thanks

Fernando Luz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is by chance ,your qualitative MIC's are Calculated Mic's. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Where's exactly can I check that ?