cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: Designing material labels with a logo and QR code?

mario_maisto
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all!

As I am trying to create labels for outgoing materials I would like some information on how to design a proper label. I tried the Form Painter (tCode se71), but it does not seem to have the capabilities of designing a label with images or with a QR code (also tried to import a pre-designed .rtf file in transaction OMCF-> "Maintain Label Text" with no luck).

Can you give me some suggestions where and how to design a material label with those components. Here's a little sketch of the label I am aiming for:

Any help is appreciated !

Mario.

0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Currently I am working on exact this requirement.
Can you please tell me how you created a QR code with logo in middle using adobe forms.

And also I checked this form MDG_BS_MAT_PDF_04 but I didn't find any QR code in that form.
Can you help me to create a QR code like this

Thanks in advance,

Phaneendra

View Entire Topic
michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest to use SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe (trx SFP) to design label.

mario_maisto
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thank You for the reply. So I created a form in SFP using the Adobe LiveCycle Designer. Added static fields,a QR field and a logo. Can you elaborate on how do I set the variable fields on the label (e.g material dimensions) and then where do I connect it with the materials ?

Best regards,
Mario

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
mario_maisto
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael - I found help in those posts you shared!  Yet - now I have a problem with printing the preview of the created form. I followed the steps of the sample tutorials, but when trying to print the preview (using the printer LP01), I just get a empty screen (dark-greyish).

When opening the "Preview PDF" in the layout editor all the components seem to be there:

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mario.

peng_wen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

The preview of ADS form must be executed with device types which has the correct xdc file,
can you check it again with PDF1?

To be able to use the ADS form you must install the ADS service on a JAVA server, refer to the
configuration guide in note 894009, has the ADS service being installed correctly?

Regarding the QR code printing you can see an overview about the barcode print methods in
note #1557674. You can use for QR Code method 1 (if the printer has a built in DIMM module for that), method 3 (if you implement notes 2029824, 2029589, 2130711), or method 5 (if you use formular created by ADS).

Method 3 (New barcode technology)  can only be used on the described releases and kernel versions, under this version it is not possible to implement it.

BR,
Wen Peng

mario_maisto
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peng Wen,

thanks for those tips! I got the print preview working (with LP01) when I copied the SAP template form (MDG_BS_MAT_PDF_04) and also used its interface with my custom Z form. Then, after heavily modified the layout with only using those datafields I needed, the print preview worked.

Even though I closed this discussion as I got my answer where and how to design the form/label, I haven't still found any step-by-step material/tutorial on how to use it with material printouts (i.e with MIGO). If you happen to know any, I would very much appreciate it .

When following the tutorial (Create Custom Print Forms) it seemed as if i can create a form based on the interface and layout of a template and then set it as a print form in material data goverance (in chapter 3.11). If I am right I, think I should configure all those steps before in MDG , as I do not have MM data model there, but when following the SAP Help - Activate the data model MM I didn't find the "edit data model" link in MDG.

Thank you for your help,

Mario.