cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are currently in Blue Print stage, i want to know my client have 4 plants situated in single city and we have assigned them to single company code.

Now i wnted to know while defining the purchasing organization should we define one purchasing org for each plant or single purchasing org. for all plants belong to company code.

What should be the assignemnts in both cases? Which one of them is preffered and why i.e. having 1 pur.org for all plant or else?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As all u r plants on one city I would prefer to have plant specific Purchase Organistaion & one centralised Purchase Organistion To take care of all asset related Issues .

Plant specific Purchase Organisation is having advantages like coordination / reviews /meeting becomes very easy between purchase Dept and manufacturing unit .Infact I see advantages in plant specific purchase organisation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depends on the nature of business of your client. Depends on kind of analysis you client wants to do

typical questions and analysis of purchase functions of your client should be deciding factor

What is to be purchased?

How much is to be purchased?

How much does it cost?

Who’s paying for it?

When is it needed?

Where does it go when it arrives?

What additional information is needed, relative to this purchase?

Generally it is one cc and one porg

Reward if useful

Regards

SE