cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing org assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I'm trying to assign Purchas Org to the plant of other Co Cd. But I'm not getting that plant in drop. Is it that we can not assign Purchas Org to the plant of other Co Cd? I think we can.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u can asign P. Organization for 3 scenario

1) Plant specific- assign P org to company code and only one plant in that company code

2) cross plant - can assign P org to company code and all plants in that company code

3)Cross company- only assign P org to plants o diff company codes

means in ur case if ur doing Cross company purchase u can assign P org. to any plant of any company code without assigning same to any company code

Vishal....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you assign a Porg to a ccode,you can only assign this Porg to the plants belonging to that ccode only.

If you want to assign to a plant not belonging to the ccode,dont make the assignment(Porg-ccode).

This is cross ccode purchasing.

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal Shelke,

Thanx a lot. But my problem is that while assigning Pur Org to the plant of other Co Cd I'm not getting that Plant in drop down list. Both Pur Org & Plant are created successfully. So what can be the reason? Any other setting required?

Rgds,

Sid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you assign a Porg to a ccode,you can only assign this Porg to the plants belonging to that ccode only.

Plant wont be available for selection when you assign it to Porg.

If you want to assign to a plant not belonging to the ccode,dont make the assignment(Porg-ccode).

This is cross ccode purchasing.

Regards,

Deepak.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks K B Deepak, Girish Bettaiah & Manish Kumar Agarwal,

I got it. I've give good marks to all of you for your contribution.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

K B Deepak,

But if we want to do cross Co Cd purchasing, then canu2019t we assign Pur Org to the plant from another Co Cd? What else are the settings?

Rgds.

Dear Girish Bettaiah,

How can I assign 1 Purch Org to 2 Co Codes? I think it is not possible. But we can definitely assign Purch Org to a Plant of another Co Cd. But why that Plant is not coming- plz tell.

Thank you.

Manish Kumar Agarwal,

In OX17. Kindly advice.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have asigned the Purchasing Org to other Company Code,the plant belongs to other Company code will not be available in drop down.

Regards,

Manish

girish_bettaiah3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have to use the same purchase organisation to procure for plants of different Company codes, then you should not assgin the purchase organisation to any company code, assgin it to the different plants.

Regards

girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can, if you have not asigned the Purchas Org to other Co Cd.

Where you are not able to see that plant, at the time of assignment or what..?

Regards,

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Agarwal on Jan 29, 2009 8:21 AM

girish_bettaiah3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Pls check if you have assgined this Purchase organisation to any CO. Code. If you have assgined this Purchase organisation to a CO. Code then you can assgin this purchase organisaton to plants of this CO. Code only.

If you assgin a purchase organisation to a company code then the purachase organisation becomes company code specific and you cannot assgin it to plants of aother company code.

Hope this will slove the problem.

Regards

girish