cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing groups clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can we create more than one purchasing group with same key ? that means Pur group can be a group pf people having same key say 100.

eg: p group 100 having people x, y & Z. I tried to save system wont allow. key already exists like error.

Or is it one key per buyer, please let me know

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no , pgroup key needs to be unique, so only one entry with one key is allowed

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

marcoantonio_romerosanche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello !!

The Purchasing Group Key is unique and must be assigned to a person, not severals.

That you can do is create ranges of buyers codes like U00-U99 for Direct material buyers or I00-I99 for Non production buyers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Purchasing group is unique as per the system,But it depends upon your purchasing process how you want to use the pur group,suppose if each buyer needs to be identified with a pur group then you need to give unique pur group to each buyser so that each one will key in thier respective pur group while raising the po, In cases where three buyers needs to be identified under one pur group then all 3 has to use the same pur group provided there is a control from user side without misusing,in this case reporting may be a problem wherein you want purchasing related reports relevant to pur group ie each person wise for 3 people individually

Regards

Amuthan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot enter same Purchasing Group twice,its standard SAP functionality.

Also I do not understand why you need to create duplicate P.Grp.If you are trying to create per person then it will alwasy be unique.

If you intend that same group need to be used by 2/3 PEOPLE then instead of creating against name you can define them by any other common characteristics

ex-001 pg for say RAW Matl,002 for Semi finished and so on.

Regards

former_member212745
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot create a purchase group which is already created. This is standard functionality.